By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Quieted The Critics at E3.

NYCrysis said:
How will the industry crash? Playstation and PC gaming are rapidly growing and with PS4 preorder exceeding expectations things seem to be going really well. If xbox dies no one will care. They didn't offer much for gaming anyways. Online was bound to happen and everything else they are trying to "innovate" on are gimmicks and some even half assed ones. M$'s can be a 3rd party publisher and they can still rake in profits from going pc/ps4. This most likely won't happen but it's not the end of the world if it does.

Regarding Sony falling apart. In the past 10 years Sony's total profits is over $7 billion in the black. $9 billion from financials, $7 billion from movies music, and -8.5 billion from electronics. They are far from falling ;)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/28/business/global/sonys-bread-and-butter-its-not-electronics.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If playstation dies the industry will still go on as well. FACT.

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:

Because thays what happened, with PS123, xbox,360, Wii, GC etc. ANd your average dudebro wouldnt even KNOW how to do that. There is a difference between PC style DRM and what MS is doing. YOu fail to see that because...you are in denial

How is it much different than PC style DRM...Becuase from what I've read ..It's pretty much the same...so break it down for me and link your sources...

For one PC doesnt require a check in every day to play games.

two not ALL PC games have DRM anyway. 

three you can play offline, if said game has no DRM.

No paywall to play games online Unless of course we are talking about MMOs

Not going to bother linking since there have been NUMEROUS threads about this already. 

aw screw it, here is a video that will explain exactly the difference between the two  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryB-hdtpQRw

Ok...So you have to check in so that the cloud updates your console..How different will this be when PS4 adds Gaikai..something that is not a luanch feature for the PS4..but in 2014(if it's not delayed) How will it work?..

right that's true not all games on PC have DRM but most that are not  Digital Download require the disc to play

Right No Paywall but also no dedicated servers...

An angry Joe rant as a source.....GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does cloud need to update my console? Havent PS3, 360, PC, vita, freaking WIi update without it? As for Gaikai, dont know, personally i dont really care about the cloud. MS or otherwise. 

Video games have required a disc to play for years. WITHOUT DRM at all in terms of CONSOLE gaming. Hell with PC you still have more choices than you do xboxone, at least my PC non DRM disc doesnt become a paper weight after ive used it.

Does having dedicated servers make that much of a difference? In terms of PC people could modify and almost make up their own rules for a lot of games online, so that in combination to not having to pay for it, I dont see the benefit of LIVE or any of the console online services over what has been going on for PC over the years. Angry Joe was right in what he said. period.

Personally im not a big PC gamer becasue of stuff like DRM, yes the games are cheaper and look better than their console counterparts but i like actually owing my games and the ease of use, thats the tradeoff for me, which i have been comfy with. Xbone seems to take more elements from PC than any of the other systems, which defeats the point of CONSOLE gaming, for some people you might as well use the PC, since you at least avoid the over the top DRM and have the PC benefits

Zizzla_Rachet said:

So basically it's not confirmed that it's multiplatform...

It is multiplataform... for now Xbone and PC... PS4 will received it later IMO.

Jega said:
NYCrysis said:
How will the industry crash? Playstation and PC gaming are rapidly growing and with PS4 preorder exceeding expectations things seem to be going really well. If xbox dies no one will care. They didn't offer much for gaming anyways. Online was bound to happen and everything else they are trying to "innovate" on are gimmicks and some even half assed ones. M$'s can be a 3rd party publisher and they can still rake in profits from going pc/ps4. This most likely won't happen but it's not the end of the world if it does.

Regarding Sony falling apart. In the past 10 years Sony's total profits is over $7 billion in the black. $9 billion from financials, $7 billion from movies music, and -8.5 billion from electronics. They are far from falling ;)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/28/business/global/sonys-bread-and-butter-its-not-electronics.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

If playstation dies the industry will still go on as well. FACT.

that's relevent to my post how?

Zizzla_Rachet said:

Ok...So you have to check in so that the cloud updates your console..How different will this be when PS4 adds Gaikai..something that is not a luanch feature for the PS4..but in 2014(if it's not delayed) How will it work?..

Nothing will change with Gaikai... you will only need internet when you will use some feature that needs internet (PSN Store, Multiplayer, Video/Message Chat, Gakai, etc).

If you want to play a game offline for ever... you can too... no checkin... no internet connection required.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

Microsoft showed the most impressive game at E3, too bad it's also going to be on PS4, and probably PS3 and 360 as well.

They also wasted my time with World of Tanks and Minecraft, and for that I can never forgive them.

Those are the games that wasted your time?  Out of all of them?

The one with 60 million accounts made and millions of regular players worlwide?  And the one that sold 6 million downloads on XBLA alone, let alone PC.  

There are dozens of games presented every year that sell WAY less than that.  Try inFamous, for example. 

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I gotta give it to Jega. He knows how to make a thread which keep people arguing

oniyide said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:

Because thays what happened, with PS123, xbox,360, Wii, GC etc. ANd your average dudebro wouldnt even KNOW how to do that. There is a difference between PC style DRM and what MS is doing. YOu fail to see that because...you are in denial

How is it much different than PC style DRM...Becuase from what I've read ..It's pretty much the same...so break it down for me and link your sources...

For one PC doesnt require a check in every day to play games.

two not ALL PC games have DRM anyway. 

three you can play offline, if said game has no DRM.

No paywall to play games online Unless of course we are talking about MMOs

Not going to bother linking since there have been NUMEROUS threads about this already. 

aw screw it, here is a video that will explain exactly the difference between the two  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryB-hdtpQRw

right that's true not all games on PC have DRM but most that are not  Digital Download require the disc to play

Right No Paywall but also no dedicated servers...

An angry Joe rant as a source.....GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does cloud need to update my console? Havent PS3, 360, PC, vita, freaking WIi update without it? As for Gaikai, dont know, personally i dont really care about the cloud. MS or otherwise. 

Video games have required a disc to play for years. WITHOUT DRM at all in terms of CONSOLE gaming. Hell with PC you still have more choices than you do xboxone, at least my PC non DRM disc doesnt become a paper weight after ive used it.

Does having dedicated servers make that much of a difference? In terms of PC people could modify and almost make up their own rules for a lot of games online, so that in combination to not having to pay for it, I dont see the benefit of LIVE or any of the console online services over what has been going on for PC over the years. Angry Joe was right in what he said. period.

Personally im not a big PC gamer becasue of stuff like DRM, yes the games are cheaper and look better than their console counterparts but i like actually owing my games and the ease of use, thats the tradeoff for me, which i have been comfy with. Xbone seems to take more elements from PC than any of the other systems, which defeats the point of CONSOLE gaming, for some people you might as well use the PC, since you at least avoid the over the top DRM and have the PC benefits

PS3,360 don't have cloud Ps3 uses firmware and Xbox 360 is something like windows update..and PC updates depend on your individual game or OS...Steam Is all Digital DRM...

Well..XBOX One will not require disc to play after you have install your disc...and you keep your disc in the event that you want to sell the game to a supported retailer..

Yes Dedicated servers makes that much more of a difference..I wonder what angry joe has to say about PS4 having Paywall for multplayer gaming...

LOL...Sony annouces that their retail disc only based games wont have DRM...So I guess that is good..But Xbox Games won't require retail disc after you install...and have DRM to ensure a taangible profit....Which one is better?...Xbox One...why?..Becuase you can sell your install disc as a used game..

In terms of showing off games MS blew Sony out the water. But the fact that Sony announced consumer friendly policies they pretty much automatically won E3. I mean all Sony showed was a bunch of multi-platform games.

ethomaz said:

Zizzla_Rachet said:

So basically it's not confirmed that it's multiplatform...

It is multiplataform... for now Xbone and PC... PS4 will received it later IMO.

ahhhh I meant Console not being Multiplatform...Once The deal with Microsoft has to be renewed EA will probly release it on PS4..But Microsoft might moneyhat that...but for now it'sstill console exclusive to One/360