By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft Quieted The Critics at E3.

Madword said:
The titanfall devs have already hinted that it will come out on the PS4.. so i think its a timed exclusive.

I really think the only way to show so many games is to actually show nearly *all* games you have in dev. I believe Sony just decided, lets hit them on price/drm, and show mostly launch games, lets not try to compete as it will just get lost. So I really do think many of the MS games wont be seen until mid/3/4 quarter of 2014. The reason i think this, I do believe LBP and Uncharted 4 are in dev, and Sony have said themselves they have more in dev.

Wonder what targets these guys are going to have next? GamesCom?

Give me a link where Titan fall devs hinted the game will come to PS4.

Around the Network
Mensrea said:
Titanfall is pretty cool. And crimson dragon as well as dead rising 3 looked good. It's just that there is no way I can buy a system that is so anti consumer. If Microsoft removed DRM, allowed used games, allowed loaning games, and didn't have kinect always watching, then I would really consider buying it over PS4.

THey do allow used games at participating retailers.

You can have 10 friends on your account who can loan your games at any time, unless you are playing them. Meaning they don't even need a copy from you, Just download it.

You can unplug kinect once you turn the gaming console off. You computer most likely has a camera always watching and a microphone, Same with your phone. 

I have seen you comment many times, Have you even read anything about the xbox 1, cause it sure seems you didn't.

All the things you complained about are actually better than what sony has. The Software company gets a kick back for the used games and everyone is happy. Why is this a issue?

The 24 check in can be done with a smart phone. You also have internet because your always here. So if I go out of town, I can just check in with my smart phone.

Either something happens or the industry crashes. Sony seems not to care but look at their company falling apart.

How will the industry crash? Playstation and PC gaming are rapidly growing and with PS4 preorder exceeding expectations things seem to be going really well. If xbox dies no one will care. They didn't offer much for gaming anyways. Online was bound to happen and everything else they are trying to "innovate" on are gimmicks and some even half assed ones. M$'s can be a 3rd party publisher and they can still rake in profits from going pc/ps4. This most likely won't happen but it's not the end of the world if it does.

Regarding Sony falling apart. In the past 10 years Sony's total profits is over $7 billion in the black. $9 billion from financials, $7 billion from movies music, and -8.5 billion from electronics. They are far from falling ;)
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/28/business/global/sonys-bread-and-butter-its-not-electronics.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

oniyide said:
Mensrea said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Mensrea said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Mensrea said:
Titanfall is pretty cool. And crimson dragon as well as dead rising 3 looked good. It's just that there is no way I can buy a system that is so anti consumer. If Microsoft removed DRM, allowed used games, allowed loaning games, and didn't have kinect always watching, then I would really consider buying it over PS4.

A console that requires you to install your game and no longer use the disc needs DRM...That's not anti Consumer...You can sell your physical disc at support retails and it will become aviable as used..You lose the game from your digital library...which is why the DRM is in place...Sharing games with your Gamertag family is much better than loaning some one a disc based game...Kinect can be disabled from th UI...

Sorry..your argument is invalid....

No not really. What if my internet goes out? I live in Idaho, so that happens sometimes. What if my friend doesn't have Xbox live? Also, sharing on Xbox is not as simple as sending it to a gamertag family. They have to be on your friendslist for 30 days. If you are defending these practices, then it's clear you are a fanboy. 

If your internet goes out your games are still playable....Granted only for 24 hours...

Xbox Live is silver and Gold...Assuming it will be the exact same for Xbox One, Gold will only be neccessary for multiplayer and I don't think MS is going to change that since the PSN has become more competetive....No one from Microsoft has said that a 30 day perod is required..you must be confusing this with the "Give a game to a friend" feature which let's you  permanetly give a game away...

Your calling me a fanboy becuase I understand what I read and hear from interviews..Thanks guy...

What if it goes out around check out time?  I just can't play my games at all beccause of it. It's really not beneficial to anyone? Why is having an extra digital copy really that beneficial at all? Is it enought to justify DRM?

No no it isnt, especially when all the benefits could be implemented without the insane DRM

Soorry to say but with out DRM your regular DudeBro would be able to install and play games on Xbox one with out having to pay for it..you just refuse to understand this since there are no other consoles that operate this way.....

Jega said:

I just saw both the Microsoft and Sony Press Events.

The PS4 is no doubt an impressive gaming system as well, but most of the games shown at there Press Event will also be available for the Xbox One.

With all the critisicism at the Xbox One Reveal of a lack of games Microsoft sure quieted the critics. I didn't see a topic about this and I had to say 

something about it, "Microsoft delivered the games like they said they would".

Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break and Titan Fall were the games that stood out to me as the most impressive.

There were so many exclusives anounced some were just mentioned.

The Xbox One is just plain impressive and gamers everywhere should be happy Microsoft decided to entered the gaming industry as they have

bought so many new things to the industry.

Killer Instinct is a fine game but it isnt too much of a popular fighter franchise so it didnt impress many ppl. Ryse is largely underwhelming, everyone that got a chance to play the game said it doesnt look very good from the gameplay perspective so I am not expecting much, Quantum Brake isnt even slatted for release window and hasnt had 1 gameplay glimpse yet so we cant say much about it, Titan Fall is probably the best looking XboX 1 exclusive right now but it competes with BF4 and CoD and we all know which will win, also Titanfall is console exclusive its also avaliable on PC so not fully exclusive.

Imo neither MS or Sony have realy strong impressive looking exclusives, both have some nice ones but I was expectin alot more from both, by July next year Im sure  some other games will have been revealed and things will look better, right now from all the exclusives from both consoles the only one I care about is Infamous Second Son and it isnt even a launch title for PS3.

Around the Network
Zizzla_Rachet said:
oniyide said:
Mensrea said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Mensrea said:
Zizzla_Rachet said:
Mensrea said:

A console that requires you to install your game and no longer use the disc needs DRM...That's not anti Consumer...You can sell your physical disc at support retails and it will become aviable as used..You lose the game from your digital library...which is why the DRM is in place...Sharing games with your Gamertag family is much better than loaning some one a disc based game...Kinect can be disabled from th UI...

Sorry..your argument is invalid....

No not really. What if my internet goes out? I live in Idaho, so that happens sometimes. What if my friend doesn't have Xbox live? Also, sharing on Xbox is not as simple as sending it to a gamertag family. They have to be on your friendslist for 30 days. If you are defending these practices, then it's clear you are a fanboy. 

If your internet goes out your games are still playable....Granted only for 24 hours...

Xbox Live is silver and Gold...Assuming it will be the exact same for Xbox One, Gold will only be neccessary for multiplayer and I don't think MS is going to change that since the PSN has become more competetive....No one from Microsoft has said that a 30 day perod is required..you must be confusing this with the "Give a game to a friend" feature which let's you  permanetly give a game away...

Your calling me a fanboy becuase I understand what I read and hear from interviews..Thanks guy...

What if it goes out around check out time?  I just can't play my games at all beccause of it. It's really not beneficial to anyone? Why is having an extra digital copy really that beneficial at all? Is it enought to justify DRM?

No no it isnt, especially when all the benefits could be implemented without the insane DRM

Soorry to say but with out DRM your regular DudeBro would be able to install and play games on Xbox one with out having to pay for it..you just refuse to understand this since there are no other consoles that operate this way.....

Because thays what happened, with PS123, xbox,360, Wii, GC etc. ANd your average dudebro wouldnt even KNOW how to do that. There is a difference between PC style DRM and what MS is doing. YOu fail to see that because...you are in denial

the_dengle said:

Microsoft showed the most impressive game at E3, too bad it's also going to be on PS4, and probably PS3 and 360 as well.

They also wasted my time with World of Tanks and Minecraft, and for that I can never forgive them.

Ryse looks bad, and so far the couple of previews I've seen of it have been pretty negative.

Killer Instinct might be alright, though it looks profoundly meh, but it will never take off in the fighting game community, nor will the Xbox One in general, because of the 24-hour check. Internet connections are an issue in hotels and such.

Did we even see any gameplay for Quantum Break? I think we just saw a movie.

I don't think there was a single game shown that justified a purchase of this console. Not to me or a single one of my friends, certainly -- and literally all they had to show was Fable 4 and one of them would have thrown his credit card at the screen.

Give me a break. So how much is it going to take to impress you?

I was blown away, My lady was and everyone who watched the previews.

Before price, DRM, Mandatory connection : Definitely buying one !!!
Right after: My country isn't there, no stable connection ==> M$ is going down hill.

oniyide said:

Because thays what happened, with PS123, xbox,360, Wii, GC etc. ANd your average dudebro wouldnt even KNOW how to do that. There is a difference between PC style DRM and what MS is doing. YOu fail to see that because...you are in denial

How is it much different than PC style DRM...Becuase from what I've read ..It's pretty much the same...so break it down for me and link your sources...

Jega said:

I just saw both the Microsoft and Sony Press Events.

The PS4 is no doubt an impressive gaming system as well, but most of the games shown at there Press Event will also be available for the Xbox One.

With all the critisicism at the Xbox One Reveal of a lack of games Microsoft sure quieted the critics. I didn't see a topic about this and I had to say 

something about it, "Microsoft delivered the games like they said they would".

Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum Break and Titan Fall were the games that stood out to me as the most impressive.

There were so many exclusives anounced some were just mentioned.

The Xbox One is just plain impressive and gamers everywhere should be happy Microsoft decided to entered the gaming industry as they have

bought so many new things to the industry.

WHAT....oh wait this must be a joke thread "Microsoft quieted the critics" yeah cause when i look at sites like this or literally any gaming website/blog on the internet they all seem to be saying we were all wrong about the new Xbox and are totally getting one at launch.  Its not like 99% of the internet is calling for Microsoft's head on a silver platter as we speak, but whatever you have to tell yourself to justify your Xbox one purchase.  Trust me with its higher price point and obnoxious anti-consumer policies there wont be as many of you as their used to be.  Its a shame, but between the Wii-U falling flat on its face in terms of hardware sales and 3rd party software support thus far, and all the negative heat on the Xbox one it looks like the ps4 is gonna win this gen without even having to try.