By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed, if you are banned from xbl you lose all your games

I don't which is worse, MS actually coming up with all this bad PR in such a short amount of time or the people who defend their horrible decisions. Even the most stoic Nintendo fans have had the sense to say when enough is enough lately. It's okay to not agree with everything your favourite company does.

And for the Steam comparison; does Steam lock up your entire connection and PC if they ban your account? If you're banned from Live, your entire console essentially becomes useless, it's quite different.

Now, it won't affect me one bit since I likely won't by getting any consoles for the 8th gen but policies like this are not okay, they wipe out the lines between ownership of purchased goods and zero consumer rights. I'm fairly certain that a lot of European countries will deem this an illegal practice, I know it will be here.

Around the Network
hunter_alien said:
kowenicki said:
Are people expecting to get banned? Are they loud mouth abusive pricks on LIVE? Or criminals who hack or pirate? If not... What's the problem?

No. I simply expect that even if I use foul language, I can still use the games I payed for.

The nerve of some, trying to justify this policy...

You don't get blacklisted from XBL for "foul language".

My account was set for auto-renew using my credit card, but my card had expired.

Therefore my account was banned after a few weeks when they couldn't auto-renew.

That's not an acceptable reason to ban me. My Gold should have just expired, the same as when using a sub card.

KingCherry said:
My account was set for auto-renew using my credit card, but my card had expired.

Therefore my account was banned after a few weeks when they couldn't auto-renew.

That's not an acceptable reason to ban me. My Gold should have just expired, the same as when using a sub card.

Your Live account is suspended in this case, it isn't a ban. As it pertains to the 360, you'd still have access to your games. So I assume it would be true for the Xbone as well. And they suspend it because of the grace period they give you when a card is declined. After a month or so of "extra" Live time, you owe them money. A shitty policy but easily avoided by simply keeping your stuff up to date.

KingCherry said:

lol stop making things up please. If you got banned it was certainly not for that reason. I got one of my account disabled for feww months after my credit card expired. Disabling/suspending the account and having to call Microsoft to re-enable it is way different than being banned (you own  them some money for the 1 month period you still have access to gold after all, kind of expected)...

OP: I do not see the problem with that (and why it seems so suprising). If you get banned you deserve it. And some people here seem to believe that this happening very often and not for a good reason... This is ridiculous.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Simple fix: don't get banned

Easier fix. Show a modicum of intelligence and don't lease an Xbox One.

Darc Requiem said:
J_Allard said:

If the only reason to miss the goodness the Xbox One is going is to be afraid of getting banned (always deserved); I fail to see why this would be a sign of intelligence :)

Imaginedvl said:
Darc Requiem said:
J_Allard said:

If the only reason to miss the goodness the Xbox One is going is to be afraid of getting banned (always deserved); I fail to see why this would be a sign of intelligence :)

Leasing an Xbox One from Microsoft is ignorant for several reasons. This just is another example of how supporting Microsoft and this platform is only beneficial to Microsoft. Microsoft is charging $500 for the priviledge of leasing software from Microsoft. Your $60 allows you borrow software from Microsoft, provided you check in with your probation officer every 24 hours. You don't check in they won't lend you the game. Want to play a game at friends house? You have to check in with your probation officer for supervised use of their software. If you leave your probation officer's sight for an hour, then they take back their game from you. Bad weather takes out your internet service for more than a day? That MS probation officer shows up and takes back all their games. Microsoft servers/XBL goes down for more than 24 hours, you guessed it. Your buddy the MS probation officer shows up and takes their games away from you. To top if off, your MS probabtion officer has a copy of your biometrics and the NSA on speed dial. So yes, I question the intellectual capacity of anyone that leases an Xbox One.

~

Edit: This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus for this post

Imaginedvl said:
Darc Requiem said:
J_Allard said:

You mean the endless ammount of shooters, yet another GT contender, a Heavy rain ripoff and a blatant splinter cell reeboot (lets be honest thats what the black tusk game was)? Well I think Im sitting out the goodness this gen

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

You know what I find funny when xbox support says something good for the x1 they say the support cant be trusted but when its something people gind bad the support is the most trustworthy place ever