By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed, if you are banned from xbl you lose all your games

J_Allard said:

That analogy doesn't work either because golf equipment you buy works on any course. If MS bans you from using the Xbox One, you can't take your Xbox One games and play them on a PS4/PC. His analogy is actually spot on.

The golf course is xbox live, not the console.  Or at least that is how it works with every other platform.  Microsoft is the one that decided to revoke your purchases if they ban you.  Also I'm not sure how you can point out a flaw in kowenicki's analogy and then say it was spot on.  He's the one who brought up Sports/Country clubs.

Perhaps a more apt analogy

Golf Course = Xbox Live
Your body = Xbox One
Golf Clubs = Games

In this case Microsoft has decided to break your arms and legs when they kick you out of the country club.  Actually, even that doesn't work.  At least you could sell your clubs.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
J_Allard said:

That analogy doesn't work either because golf equipment you buy works on any course. If MS bans you from using the Xbox One, you can't take your Xbox One games and play them on a PS4/PC. His analogy is actually spot on.

The golf course is xbox live, not the console.  Or at least that is how it works with every other platform.  Microsoft is the one that decided to revoke your purchases if they ban you.  Also I'm not sure how you can point out a flaw in kowenicki's analogy and then say it was spot on.  He's the one who brought up Sports/Country clubs.

Because it isn't a flaw. The content you buy for the Xbone only works on the Xbone. I just explained this in the reply you quoted.

Wow, what are we supposed to do now? Insulting is such a fun part of online matches on Call of Duty... :(

J_Allard said:

Because it isn't a flaw. The content you buy for the Xbone only works on the Xbone. I just explained this in the reply you quoted.

And that is a problem with his analogy.  The purchases you make at a country club are not tied to your membership, they are on Xbox One.  You can't just ignore this part and say the analogy is spot on.

Let's remember the crux of this topic is being locked out of your purchases.

ironmanDX said:
Xen said:
Should this policy get into the known, XBL will become the most polite community in the world, bar none.
God damn.

You're kidding, right? What does Sony do if you pirate their games and get caught? Nothing?

You get banned in the PSN too.

But being banned of the PSN means that you lose the right to use the online part of the console, but you don't lose the games you bought.

Around the Network

that twitter account is from microsoft? Why
it is not verified as @XboxSupport ?

Yakuzaice said:
J_Allard said:

And that is a problem with his analogy.  The purchases you make at a country club are not tied to your membership, they are on Xbox One.  You can't just ignore this part and say the analogy is spot on.

Let's remember the crux of this topic is being locked out of your purchases.

If you're buying equipment for a country club that only works at that country club then yes, it is tied to your membership. If you're banned from there, what happens to all of that equipment? It's worthless.

His analogy is perfectly fine. That's all the time I will waste discussing it.

jamal1996 said:
that twitter account is from microsoft? Why
it is not verified as @XboxSupport ?

Well the verified one does say Xbox Support (1-5), and Xbox Support 1 has the same theme, signs tweets with the initials of the support people, and has 426k tweets.  If it is fake, they are pretty dedicated.

J_Allard said:

If you're buying equipment for a country club that only works at that country club then yes, it is tied to your membership. If you're banned from there, what happens to all of that equipment? It's worthless.

His analogy is perfectly fine. That's all the time I will waste discussing it.

Even if such equipment did exist, you could sell it to a member.  So it wouldn't be worthless.  Just another hole in kowenicki's analogy.

You can't make up a fictional scenario and then call it a spot on analogy.  This topic is about losing your purchases if you are banned.  In the real world I can be banned from a country club and keep my purchases.  Who is going to join a country club where your clubs won't work on any other courses and you can't resell them freely?  So how does this make for a good analogy?

Your argument seems to be morphing into making a fake country club with the same rules as an xbox one, and then saying it is a perfect analogy.  Do you seriously not understand what is flawed with this?

A prison is just like a hotel if you were free to go at any time and had to pay for it.  So they are basically identical.  Spot on analogy.

kowenicki said:
Are people expecting to get banned? Are they loud mouth abusive pricks on LIVE? Or criminals who hack or pirate? If not... What's the problem?

No. I simply expect that even if I use foul language, I can still use the games I payed for.

The nerve of some, trying to justify this policy...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!