By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS is using a Nvidia Titan in their X1 units at E3. Are they mis representing the X1 graphics.

EpicRandy said:
Many software during presentation are not a finished product, there are still bugs that can cause crashes, memory leaks ... And of course publisher / developers want people to have a better idea of ​​what the product will look like in the end and to achieve this, they use more powerful build.
This is not anything new, many if not almost all publishers / developers have done this for several years. At least for unfinished soft.

Your r8ght stronger hardware to display games is nothing new.

But this is REDICULOUSLY more powerful. Were talking going from a 1.2 TF GPU to a 4 TF GPU. That is a massive difference in performance.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Supposedly, the booth was for LocoCycle:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63704686&postcount=367

Thats not a great looking game anyway... perhaps they wanted to make it look nicer...lol.

Thanks for the info.

Still regardless of the graphics of this game, its still a little strange to be running it on Nvidia graphics cards.

I do think some early games are going to be a bit messy in terms of quality... going to be interesting to see what happens.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

BenVTrigger said:
EpicRandy said:
Many software during presentation are not a finished product, there are still bugs that can cause crashes, memory leaks ... And of course publisher / developers want people to have a better idea of ​​what the product will look like in the end and to achieve this, they use more powerful build.
This is not anything new, many if not almost all publishers / developers have done this for several years. At least for unfinished soft.

Your r8ght stronger hardware to display games is nothing new.

But this is REDICULOUSLY more powerful. Were talking going from a 1.2 TF GPU to a 4 TF GPU. That is a massive difference in performance.

Well, I do not know but maybe they are using this type of build in Ms studios for development.

look what Epic Games use for development.

https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UE3MinSpecs.html  

HW Spec for Epic's Programmers

• Lenovo ThinkStation D20 (Model 4158-C95)
  • Windows 7 64-bit
  • Dual Quad-Core Xeon Nehalem Processors (3.17GHz)
  • 24 GB DDR3 RAM
  • nVidia GeForce GTX 285 (1 GB DDR3)
  • 3x500 GB Hard Drives (1x OS Drive, 2x Data Drives in a RAID 0 configuration)

EpicRandy said:

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • 24 GB DDR3 RAM

Wimp system :P

Heavenly_King said:
Nsanity said:
BenVTrigger said:
Again.

Why is MS showing the X1 games on hardware that is NOTHING like what the actual hardware in the console will be.

I could understand it not being an actual X1 as I doubt the demos for the PS4 are running on the actual console.

But this setup is litteraly nothing remotly like the hardware setup X1 has

This was on the front page:

ya weird. Crytek devs on Beyond3d stated that that game(Ryse) was on actual Xbox One hardware. So there is one.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63668486&postcount=24

What else could they have said in their position? "We are running on hardware using a TITAN GPU"? lol.   They need to make look the XBO as good as possible.

So your saying their lying?  I bet if a dev aid the same thing about the ps4 you would believe them.

Around the Network

EpicRandy said:

Well, I do not know but maybe they are using this type of build in Ms studios for development.

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • 24 GB DDR3 RAM

That was they used... today they use the D30.

• Up to 2x Intel® Xeon® E5 processor
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • Up to 2x NVIDIA QUADRO 6000 graphics
  • Up to 32GB ECC PC3 1333MHz RDIMM memory
  • Up to 4x 2TB SATA HDD 7200 rpm or 2.5" 3x 128GB SATA solid state drive

ethomaz said:

EpicRandy said:

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • 24 GB DDR3 RAM

That was they used... today they use the D30.

• Up to 2x Intel® Xeon® E5 processor
  • Windows 7 Professional
  • Up to 2x NVIDIA QUADRO 6000 graphics
  • Up to 32GB ECC PC3 1333MHz RDIMM memory
  • Up to 4x 2TB SATA HDD 7200 rpm or 2.5" 3x 128GB SATA solid state drive

Thanks for the updated info.

JazzB1987 said:
So Xbone games running on PC confirmed? Should be easy to hack the final games to work on PC again :)

Same goes for PS4. Both consoles are nothing more than PCs in camoflauge. Both running on x86 architexture gives that away.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Hey guys, from this comes FANTASTIC news!

XBone controller will work on PC.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Hey guys, from this comes FANTASTIC news!

XBone controller will work on PC.

I'm buying one at launch!