By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS is using a Nvidia Titan in their X1 units at E3. Are they mis representing the X1 graphics.

Soleron said:
BenVTrigger said:

Im a member of both Neogaf and Vgchartz. I saw thr thread there and relayed the info here as many people here dont go to neogaf

It's fine because you said you got it from Neogaf. I have a problem certain people copying an argument as if it's your own and then the quoted counterargument being the same quote as the corresponding Neogaf one also as if it's their own.

Well, some people can get the same idea. It's not that big of a coincidence to use the same argument.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
My guess is that MS is still working out the heating issues. I mean they must have heating issues if they have a console larger than the original 360 AND a power brick. I just hope they weren't trying to pull some BS like "it was to show off the power of the One WITH the cloud." Which would mean that their games WILL NOT look as good at launch, something I don't think even the more hardcore Xbox fans would forgive.

The original Xbox was bigger than the 360 and did not suffer of heating issue. I think it is more related to the style Ms is trying to give to the XboxOne.

And remember that this time cpu run at lesser frequency, meaning less power draw resulting in less heat.

So Xbone games running on PC confirmed? Should be easy to hack the final games to work on PC again :)

XBOX ONE emulation on PC confirmedz?! Wii U more powerful than XBOX ONE confirmedz?!

Now seriously, using different hardware for demos is nothing new, what if the video card on that system is downclocked or something? Who knows.

I dont see running on hardware like the XB1 being a problem, but i am guessing the Titan is a big difference? Guessing that would be a problem.

Someone care to explain, that would be most helpful.

I did notice a couple of developers mention "Xbox like" hardware in their reveals at the One show, then coupled with the fact that there seems to be a right mix of devices (some saying desktop, laptop), might suggest this is the easiest way to do it, or there are a lack of dev kits, or they don't want to have dev kits in close proximity to the public... don't know, so many questions and we are unlikely to know the answer at the moment.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

ghost_of_fazz said:
XBOX ONE emulation on PC confirmedz?! Wii U more powerful than XBOX ONE confirmedz?!

Now seriously, using different hardware for demos is nothing new, what if the video card on that system is downclocked or something? Who knows.

I'm making a guess here... if the Xbox is an ATI graphics card, which it is, it would be strange to be running it on a Nvidia hardware. Drivers and stability and overall developing for the end user base... i.e Xbox Like.

The only reason it wouldnt be running on ATI graphics card would be if this was actually the PC version of the game and not the actual Xbox coded version. You could then run it in a higher resolution *if you felt so inclined*.

What games were those cabinets running? I think that would be quite interesting to know... anyone know the answer? 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Supposedly, the booth was for LocoCycle:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63704686&postcount=367

JazzB1987 said:
So Xbone games running on PC confirmed? Should be easy to hack the final games to work on PC again :)

Not at all.
Every single game is running on a pc during their development. It is not like the programmer build their project and then wait until it is uploaded on a console each time. What a waste of time will that be...

The only thing I get from this is that possibly many developers just got the final hardware recently and they will need some time to make sure everything runs smooth. Considering the console is to launch in 5 months, I can foresee some launch titles not releasing at launch. The same problem could hit the PS4, especially if they want to release earlier, but we will see. I hope both consoles will have an successful launch and get a steady gamesflow after that.

bizarre-galaxy.de - My Browsergame, but sadly only in german :(

You can play as an octopus, though!