By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 4 hours into The Last Of Us: impressions (no spoilers)

Tagged games:

I've been playing it the last two days, and I am very very impressed. The visuals are amazing. I find the visuals to be better than uncharted 3. So to me it's the best looking console game I've played. The story in itself is absolutely perfect, and all I could think while playing is "someone has to make this into a mini series". The AI is amazing. Naughty Dog really have gone the extra mile here, and the voice acting is spot on. There is literally nothing I can complain about.

I also don't know what glitches everyone is referring to since I haven't experienced any problems with my game, and I'm pretter sure I'm about 85-90% through.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network
HesAPooka said:
I've been playing it the last two days, and I am very very impressed. The visuals are amazing. I find the visuals to be better than uncharted 3. So to me it's the best looking console game I've played. The story in itself is absolutely perfect, and all I could think while playing is "someone has to make this into a mini series". The AI is amazing. Naughty Dog really have gone the extra mile here, and the voice acting is spot on. There is literally nothing I can complain about.

What about the absurd body strength? That is the only complaint I have

Munkeh111 said:
HesAPooka said:

I can't remember him lift anything that any physically strong man wuoldn't be able to? If you're refering to his combat i'd say that comes down to skill more than anything.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:
Munkeh111 said:
HesAPooka said:

I can't remember him lift anything that any physically strong man wuoldn't be able to? If you're refering to his combat i'd say that comes down to skill more than anything.

I may have said this in the other thread, but when you give Tess a leg up, she then leans over. You jump and she catches your whole body weight with 1 arm and pulls you up. That is just absurd. It is a minor thing, but this game isn't 100% perfect, just 99%!

Munkeh111 said:
HesAPooka said:
Munkeh111 said:
HesAPooka said:

I may have said this in the other thread, but when you give Tess a leg up, she then leans over. You jump and she catches your whole body weight with 1 arm and pulls you up. That is just absurd. It is a minor thing, but this game isn't 100% perfect, just 99%!

She pulls you up to the ledge yes, but he's obviously using his legs to help, and than his arms once one free's up. Either way Tess is a grown woman, and been living a "survivors" life style for 20 years. Not the same as someone who just goes to the office every day.

Around the Network

Incredible game. Up there with Bioshock Infinite for me as the best this year.
Freaking terrifying too ;) Up to Pittsburg area.

HesAPooka said:
Munkeh111 said:
HesAPooka said:

She pulls you up to the ledge yes, but he's obviously using his legs to help, and than his arms once one free's up. Either way Tess is a grown woman, and been living a "survivors" life style for 20 years. Not the same as someone who just goes to the office every day.

No no, he definitely jumps, then she catches him then she pulls him up. He is not a light man AND he has a heavy backpack on, he weighs well over 100kg with all this stuff and there is no way that she can lift that with one arm. That would be like pulling up 50% more than her body weight with one arm

wwwwwhat... I finished it in 13 and a half hours ;( I explored every environment thoroughly, read all the notes and talked to the characters plenty as well. Maybe I'm just really good and got through all the combat quick. The ending was a little underwhelming, mostly just because I was expecting another 2 hours of game, but the second last chapter was fucking brilliant!

I've played about 2 hours of multiplayer now, just supply drop. Loving it. It retains the feel of combat the single player had which is really cool... it's going to be hit and miss though.

8 hours in, good game nothing more. Biggest problem so far is the same that quarter to three mentioned. The game really fails at survival or the horror part. When you die you instantly respawn at nearest checkpoint. Instead of making it tense and scary it just becomes annoying and tedious, particurlary with the trial and error of the gameplay. You lose nothing when you die. So dying has no effect. Unlike old games where saves were far away, or the Souls game where you risk losing every souls you have collected. Perhaps it will change later but i don't really think so.

Andrespetmonkey said:

wwwwwhat... I finished it in 13 and a half hours ;( I explored every environment thoroughly, read all the notes and talked to the characters plenty as well. Maybe I'm just really good and got through all the combat quick. The ending was a little underwhelming, mostly just because I was expecting another 2 hours of game, but the second last chapter was fucking brilliant!

I've played about 2 hours of multiplayer now, just supply drop. Loving it. It retains the feel of combat the single player had which is really cool... it's going to be hit and miss though.

Wow, that's...shorter than I was expecting.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.