By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 7th to 8th gen is the smallest jump in graphics I have seen. Yep I will be the bad guy and say it.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Slimebeast said:

Tell me this isn't a huge generational leap:

not really...

Look at the back ground of Uncharted then the back ground of the next gen.

Uncharted draw distance is horrible compared to 8th gen

Around the Network

Even though I do think we're now witnessing a leap that satisfies me, clearly the 6th to 7th gen was a bigger jump.

That's because it went from SD to HD.

Here we're going HD to....slightly more HD.

It's more of game mechanics and physics and smoothness that we'll see, more than actual graphical content

I think it's the smallest leap until you start getting close to characters and seeing their expressions. If slower paced, emotional games like Heavy Rain were more popular than shooters and racers then we'd notice the difference much more clearly. As it is though FPS, TPS and racers are king, so we won't see much difference.

@CHapset, Nice epic fail there. IN your really lame attempt to troll you only made yourself look bad. The engine did not receive an upgrade. Of course the games are going to look the same, just like Diablo 3 will look the same on PS4 as it does PC. However I doubt you consider it a bad console like you are trying to imply with Wii U. Tbh you should be banned for trolling.
If I took Civ 1 and put it on my PC today, its not suddenly going to have HD graphics because my PC of today is superior to the PC it was designed on. You clearly have an agenda here and plan on doing it even if you make yourself look bad in the process.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

You're comparing late last gen with early this gen.

Compare late 6th gen with early 7th gen and you don't see a huge jump in most cases. Same for late 5th with early 6th. Early 6th with early 7th is a different story. Early 7th with early 8th shows a very big difference as well.

Case and point: compare God of War Ascension, hell even God of War 3 with anything on consoles from 2006-7.

4 ≈ One

The only game that really honest-to-goodness blew me away graphically this week was Metal Gear Solid V. Looked a dozen times more refined than anything I've ever seen in-game.

Then Kojima said it was basically running on 7th-gen specs.

So yeah, I'd say you're right.

You know what? I damn this E3, it's the reason why The Last of Us's gorgeous graphics don't even impress me now

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

it is a big leap and as 2 and 3 gen ps4 games will even be better then frist gen ps4 games

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Dgc1808 said:

You're comparing late last gen with early this gen.

Compare late 6th gen with early 7th gen and you don't see a huge jump in most cases. Same for late 5th with early 6th.  

There was a huge jump between late P1/N64 games and early PS2/Gamecube games.