By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 7th to 8th gen is the smallest jump in graphics I have seen. Yep I will be the bad guy and say it.

of course graphics tend to be closer and closer to reality, so it is more difficult to create huge graphical jumps. And graphics are the main reason for game's devellopement cost explosion.

I think this generation will not be about always getting better graphics but more feature such as persistent world, more advanced AI, longer single player campaign, better stories, more objects on screen... hopefully

Around the Network
ninjablade said:

I feel the opposite really, ps4 and xbone are a huge step up, its almost as big as xbox to xbox 360 to me, very impressed and your using tiny crappy screens if you compared side by side on a 1080p flat screen, i'm sure you would see a generational leap.

Just the mere fact that I need to blow up the pics place them side by side on a 1080p flat screen and scrutinize them closely proves that this is the smallest generational leap we have ever had. Other gens before the difference was night and day a thread like this would not have even been possible.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

EpicRandy said:
of course graphics tend to be closer and closer to reality, so it is more difficult to create huge graphical jumps. And graphics are the main reason for game's devellopement cost explosion.

I think this generation will not be about always getting better graphics but more feature such as persistent world, more advanced AI, longer single player campaign, better stories, more objects on screen... hopefully

great first post, great username and great avatar! welcome to the site!

graphics will get better once developers become more familiar with the hardware.
In addition, as someone already mentioned, there comes a point where all they can do is add minute details that don't really make that much difference, or people don't notice..

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

bananaking21 said:
EpicRandy said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Randy is probably the best character on South Park.

Around the Network
BinaryDelt said:
bananaking21 said:
EpicRandy said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Randy is probably the best character on South Park.

probably? reported!!

Been saying this since last year. No one believed me. You are totally right though. The apologists will tell you next how we will only see good graphics in a couple of years.
Fact is, the improvement is only in lighting and special effects for the most part. You will not be able to see much of an improvement versus current gen unless you zoom in or post a blurry uncharted screenshot for comparison . :P

It's less about the graphics and more about the power. Online multiplayer will be able to host massive amounts of players. Game worlds will become much bigger. AI will improve. There will be improvements.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

bananaking21 said:

probably? reported!!

LOL, Okay, you're right.  I was going to post my favorite Randy moment "Uh, there was a scary ghost!  This is ectoplasm!!!", but I can't remember the forum rule on pictures of a man covered in his own...well yeah.

CGI-Quality said:
cyberninja45 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Arcturus said:
You're comparing tiny static screen captures from each generation.

Thought the same thing.

@ OP: You can go on and "say it", just like I can say: "I feel you are wrong". ;)

You do know that if i blow up the ps1 pics you will see much more faults with graphics than if I blew up the ps360 pics.

Which would have no impact on my viewpoint.

Well I would have thought you of all users would have had something of more substance to say on the matter.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)