By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy has lost its way

Tagged games:

I hear ya

I have no idea what I was watching 90 48.13%

It's exactly like a fina... 94 50.27%

Total:184

Final Fantasy Fans truly are impossible to please. Try to innovate, FF has lost its way! Don't innovate, Square and Japanese developers are stale!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Umm this isn't Really new and ever since SquareSoft became SquareEnix its kinda been this way, i'm sry but 13 was a huge letdown for me (surprisingly i Enjoyed 12 but not near my favorite) and 10 was the last one I really fell in love with. I am agreeing with you OP, I am just asking where have you been lol?
:P

outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy Fans truly are impossible to please. Try to innovate, FF has lost its way! Don't innovate, Square and Japanese developers are stale!

unless that FF fan is me. put FF on it and im sold... well most the time

outlawauron said:

:) That's because different fans want different things. haha

So when one says "We want change", the other is saying "no, give us more of what awesomeness we're used to, with some freshness within that frame". Example: FFX's sphere grid was a welcome addition to the FF's habit of change in developing your characters and gaining abilities. Its futuristic fantasy world was welcome.

Here, we have a new genre and a  modern setting with little fantasy.....

I think until we see the RPG elements in action, the game is going to look very foreign and alienating to some fans. Ultimately I think every Final Fantasy will be different, just as XII was almost a open world western RPG whilst, FFXIII was considerably more narrow. I think the only singular direction they're moving in is making the combat more dynamic and active, turn base combat as it existed in FFX or IX is gone, but it I think ATB will return. I have a feeling FF XVI is in development as we speak and it will be a lot closer to XII.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
outlawauron said:

I'm the same way. I'm hyped about every FF game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
ktay95 said:
outlawauron said:

I'm the same way. I'm hyped about every FF game.

You and ktay are real FF fans.

Final Fantasy or not, gameplay looked like a total mess.

It's called change. As soon as I saw the behemoths, I was sure it was an FF game

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

LurkerJ said:
Final Fantasy or not, gameplay looked like a total mess.

It looked like a "Cool" mess