By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy has lost its way

Tagged games:

I hear ya

I have no idea what I was watching 90 48.13%

It's exactly like a fina... 94 50.27%

Total:184
LurkerJ said:
Final Fantasy or not, gameplay looked like a total mess.

No it didn't, it looked awesome. See lots of KH in this, Enhanced version. The part with leviathan, I mean how awesome was that. Cant wait for this game.

Around the Network

Square Enix killed Final Fantasy long time ago.
And the worst thing is that many people today doesn't even know what "Squaresoft" is.

Vesus was stated from it start, it would be more Like Dirge of Cerberus, Action adventure more then RPG.

It took them so damn long that they just changed Versus for XV.

They don't really lost there way, you just misunderstood What was FinalFantasy Versus. They were alot of reason for the hype, one of them Was the Action adventure style.

The only part that bugs me is that for the first time ever a mainline (non MMO) Final Fantasy won't be turn based. The game looks cool but it doesn't feel like a mainline FF. I would have preferred they kept it as a spin off (they could still have changed the name because let's face it Versus XIII sounds horrible).

Signature goes here!

MoiseHnkel said:
Vesus was stated from it start, it would be more Like Dirge of Cerberus, Action adventure more then RPG.

They don't really lost there way, you just misunderstood What was FinalFantasy Versus. They were alot of reason for the hype, one of them Was the Action adventure style.

I don't misunderstand it (I know exactly the history of it), like Trucks said they should have just called it something else.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
MoiseHnkel said:

I don't misunderstand it (I know exactly the history of it), like Trucks said they should have just called it something else.

yea Final Fantasy : Last Action Hero i prefer that and actual make a new  15 with actual rpg elements we acustom to thou it might take a number of yrs 

They said that about XIV, XIII saga, XII, XI, X-2, X, VIII, even VII for some.

The truth is, Final Fantasy never had a "way", and that what makes this franchise exciting and refreshing.

^Thanks Basil. The spinoffs you mentioned though were never numbered in the mainline series.

VXIII said:
They said that about XIV, XIII saga, XII, XI, X-2, X, VIII, even VII for some.

The truth is' Final Fantasy never had a "way", and that what makes this franchise exciting and refreshing.

@bold. If they did that would be BS. The games were always turn-based and though futuristic were always set in a fantasy setting.

I can say neither about XV. Yes there are surreal objects but the game is set in modern times the trailer even said as much...

happydolphin said:
outlawauron said:
ktay95 said:
outlawauron said:
Final Fantasy Fans truly are impossible to please. Try to innovate, FF has lost its way! Don't innovate, Square and Japanese developers are stale!

unless that FF fan is me. put FF on it and im sold... well most the time

I'm the same way. I'm hyped about every FF game.

You and ktay are real FF fans.

I don't think this makes me a real fan, just an gamer who enjoy multiple style and efforts.

I also associate FF with different things you do. The spells, summons, common monsters, etc are what tells me it's a FF game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

I don't think this makes me a real fan, just an gamer who enjoy multiple style and efforts.

I also associate FF with different things you do. The spells, summons, common monsters, etc are what tells me it's a FF game.

It does for me too (I also noticed the common ennemies), but the turn-based system was a very true part of the genre, as was the setting in a fantasy world with people and places that had little to no basis in reality that could transport you to another world with characters and places that could make you dream.

I had that for all FF games up until X so far, all of them. I have only played a bit of XII and it seemed to still be there, not sure yet what happens after that but from the little I've explored it doesn't look promising. FFXV I can tell you loses me altogether.

Also I can enjoy multiple styles and efforts, but there are some things that as a FF fan I consider have to be there when I'm playing a numbered Final Fantasy, otherwise I have no idea what I'm playing and can choose to play or not play it much like any other game that is not a numbered final fantasy. With a numbered FF I usually just play it knowing it'll be great. Here I dont' know.