Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy has lost its way

Tagged games:

I hear ya

I have no idea what I was watching 90 48.13%

It's exactly like a fina... 94 50.27%

Total:184

I would love another FF to be like FFIX, or better yet just remake it please =P

Around the Network

looked cool to me, seriously laggy in areas though which as you said, made it hard to tell what was going on or how the game is controlled, I personally think its a really cool setting, that glass sword combat looks like it could be an innovative way to fight if they do it correctly.

The thing with final fantasy gameplay is that when it works it works, this is what I wanted final fantasy to be for years, a big open world being able to fight monsters freely without being put into a battle zone. I hope the combat has a bit more strategy the trailers looked a bit hack and slashy and I hope it doesn't take half the game to open up and explore able.

Your saying this NOW?

???

Square lost their way YEARS ago and has gotten worse

Idk what you're talking about lol

Definitely not. Final Fantasy finds new ways every time that's all. Like JRPGs in general, Final Fantasy changes with time. Some people welcome the change, some don't.

Around the Network

When I looked at the trailer and the gameplay demo, I saw Dissidia. I even think I saw a couple assists. Even though we haven't seen this in a major title, I have a hard time complaining: Dissidia was awesome, and I have been wantind them to make a party-based one.

Final Fantasy has been cornered by their own reputation. I don't know how gamers started to expect Final Fantasy to be this perfect bastion of JRPG awesomeness that reinvents itself with every title when every Final Fantasy I've played had some critical faults. By the same token, I don't get how people can just hate on it the way they do: Final Fantasy is one of the most ambitious and experimental name-brands in gaming. If you want an RPG that plays it safe and does roughly the same gameplay for sequel after sequel, you should be playing a different RPG series.

This is because it is (or rather was) Versus; a game that was designed to be different from the main entry XIII in every way including the reality thing and the combat style. With no release date in site, Square Enix can just revise the whole combat thing and that's what they state at the beginning of the gameplay video. They just needed to show whatever they had. I don't expect this to be released anytime soon,

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Versus 13 was supposed to be an action RPG spin off by the creator of KH, so it's not surprising if main series fans feel lost or disinterested in it.

V-r0cK said:
I would love another FF to be like FFIX, or better yet just remake it please =P

ohhh me to how i lwould love mages knights summoners yes give this again a new one thou with atb and battle zones i dont care i love the past more than the future (12, 13 , 13-2 =fail)

yes it has lost its way imo they r trying to b more main stream and its becoming an action game ! ff15 looks beautiful but that battle system looks like utter shit excpetin a ff13 all over again with this !   for my sake and alot of others i hope am dead wrong when this comes out next 15 yrs

I have no hopes for this game. I'll play it but I feel like it's gonna bore the crap out of me like FFXI