By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could be fake, but.... (XB1 engineer talks)

starcraft said:

Anything a third party publisher will do for a multiplat on Xbox ONE they'll also impose on the PS4 version.

This is false... the PS4 games will run in any PS4 without restriction... the Xbone not... no publisher can change that... now if they want to do something about the online then they can do (even no publisher will do that).

Around the Network

bye bye I'll see you at the museum of old techs...

about the OP.... pretty much how I have been seeing it since the beginning.... heck it's what I have been hoping since I saw what direction MS was taking.... finally a real media box power house, connected to the cloud and enabling to reach new frontier...

it's just sad people don't see it....

BenVTrigger said:
So basically he just came out and confirmed everything Ive been talking about.

The X1 is MS idea of a segway console to train the consumer to abandon physical media and adopt an online only digital distribution model.

yeap which is so far the only possible future so everybody better get use to it..... 

and plastic is bad for the planet anyway :P

In fact....not to be wierd but this is pretty much worded exactly how I was describing their model in a thread earlier. Even down to the "vision".

Is there any indication this is real?

tagged for later

Around the Network
chapset said:
starcraft said:
^

So you guys never play a movie, watch a TV show, log on to a social media network?

He didn't seem to take account of the current game slate either (likely by virtue of being an engineer), which most sites are acknowledging tips in Xbox ONE's favour.

Either way, very clever read. Its been two days since E3 and already we're starting to see the excitement hangover, the dust settling and people stopping to think, 'shit, MS showed some great exclusives' and 'now that I think about it, Sony's DRM policy is pretty close to Microsoft's, they both just leave it to publishers.'

Can already do that with current gen consoles and i can watch tv without any consoles, crazy right! I know

Obviously.

But clearly his point was this...Do you want to purchase a next generation console for an enormous amount of money, and not use any of its features other than an ability to play games?

If you do, thats fine, and all the existing market research indicates you're in a tiny minority (and that is based on the current gen consoles you referenced).  Even if you do, current game line ups are at worst equivelant.  But if you want any further features, it is becoming clear the Xbox ONE has significant advantages over the PS4.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

There's so much wrong with this post and a lot of things I disagree with... some people seem to be better at rationalizing than others.

Carl2291 said:
Is there a link for this? Where did you find it?

Anyway.

"Publishers have enourmous power. Microsoft is trying to balance between consumer delight, and publisher wishes. If we cave to far in either direction you have a non-starting product. WiiU goes too far to consumer, you have no 3rd party support to shake a stick at. PS4 is status-quo. XB1 is trying to push some things, at the expense of others. We have a vision, we'll see if it works in the coming years"

That part is most interesting. He talks about caving in to one side more than the other means you have a non-starting product, but then he says the PS4 is sat in a perfect position and they are essentially pushing things for publishers. He essentially says that they have a non-starting product with Xbox One.

If this turns out to be legit, its a great find.

I read PS4 as 'status quo,' which is far from perfect.  Where are you getting 'perfect position?'

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Obviously.

But clearly his point was this...Do you want to purchase a next generation console for an enormous amount of money, and not use any of its features other than an ability to play games?

If you do, thats fine, and all the existing market research indicates you're in a tiny minority (and that is based on the current gen consoles you referenced).  Even if you do, current game line ups are at worst equivelant.  But if you want any further features, it is becoming clear the Xbox ONE has significant advantages over the PS4.

The shocking news... I'm buying a next generation console for enormous amout of money to play games.

Am I getting crazy or what?

starcraft said:
Carl2291 said:
Is there a link for this? Where did you find it?

Anyway.

"Publishers have enourmous power. Microsoft is trying to balance between consumer delight, and publisher wishes. If we cave to far in either direction you have a non-starting product. WiiU goes too far to consumer, you have no 3rd party support to shake a stick at. PS4 is status-quo. XB1 is trying to push some things, at the expense of others. We have a vision, we'll see if it works in the coming years"

That part is most interesting. He talks about caving in to one side more than the other means you have a non-starting product, but then he says the PS4 is sat in a perfect position and they are essentially pushing things for publishers. He essentially says that they have a non-starting product with Xbox One.

If this turns out to be legit, its a great find.

I read PS4 as 'status quo,' which is far from perfect.  Where are you getting 'perfect position?'

Status quo isnt far from perfect, because its where they are now. They have consumer trust and they have devs on board.

How isnt the status quo perfect?

Also still waiting for the source for this.