By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could be fake, but.... (XB1 engineer talks)

where the hell is the source lol

Around the Network

In addition if sony was implementing the same plan, I am pretty sure Microsoft would let us know. They wouldn't be calling sony "shortsighted" and  not future proof. Why would you help your competitor's image if they were lying. Anyhow I will state again I can see some benefits to DRM, my problem remains that  so many people get cut out of the experience. That's like a big F*@K you from microsoft to those who can't afford an additional 30 dollar internet subscription and 5$ of live. That's 420$ every goddamn year, without even buying a game.

Basically Sony never thinks about the future, all they do is give gamers a strong box with strong hardware while microsoft is thinking outside the box. Sony will only follow suit as seen before. Microsoft is really the only corporation that has innovation. All these thing MS is doing is for the future of gaming, sooner or later sony will do the same. If Microsoft can create amazing sales like steam then the xbox one will see alot of sales. It would be like a pc, Xbox one: buy at a high price but games will be cheaper. PS4: Buy at a cheap price but pay more for games.

This just in, PS4 also allows for no disk swapping. Buy digital.

Choice.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I think the problem I have is trusting mirosoft to not want a piece of this pie down the road. They already have digital downloads available on 360... Why aren't those cheaper.

I just don't trust that if they can get to a steam like model that they will help pass on savings to the consumer. Because you know. That's what Microsoft is all about saving you money and giving you the utmost in flexibility /s

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

starcraft said:

Obviously.

But clearly his point was this...Do you want to purchase a next generation console for an enormous amount of money, and not use any of its features other than an ability to play games?

If you do, thats fine, and all the existing market research indicates you're in a tiny minority (and that is based on the current gen consoles you referenced).  Even if you do, current game line ups are at worst equivelant.  But if you want any further features, it is becoming clear the Xbox ONE has significant advantages over the PS4.

The shocking news... I'm buying a next generation console for enormous amout of money to play games.

Am I getting crazy or what?

Well, if they do become that and so much more, why not? Imagine they were Cars. One was $10,000 and the other was $11,000. The $10,000 comes with mostly standard perks and a few extras meanwhile the $11,000 car comes with more features, park assist or a warranty... whatever. If you drive, just to drive 5 days a week to and from work the cheaper is for you and that's fine because it's exactly what you want while saving $1000. On the other hand if you use your car to drive anywhere else and features like a better stereo system and leather interior that you'd use, why not? My examples are a little off but hopefully you catch my drift. Pun intended! Anyway.. back to teh gaemz.

Also Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XV and MGS V are now multiplat also... What's next? When games themselves are becoming less of an advantage... Why not? Xbox live is also free for a year at launch, that's $50 made up for probably most gamers straight away! You have your preference though and I certainly respect that, I ask that more Sony fans do the same. (This isn't directed at you.... You alright! )

Chark said:

This just in, PS4 also allows for no disk swapping. Buy digital.

Choice.

yeah in fact ps3 allows it too. :D

starcraft said:
^

So you guys never play a movie, watch a TV show, log on to a social media network?

I do all this already. I don't need an Xbox One to be able to do any of that. I'm looking for the next gen of gaming in these news consoles, not things I already have :)

ironmanDX said:

Well, if they do become that and so much more, why not? Imagine they were Cars. One was $10,000 and the other was $11,000. The $10,000 comes with mostly standard perks and a few extras meanwhile the $11,000 car comes with more features, park assist or a warranty... whatever. If you drive, just to drive 5 days a week to and from work the cheaper is for you and that's fine because it's exactly what you want while saving $1000. On the other hand if you use your car to drive anywhere else and features like a better stereo system and leather interior that you'd use, why not? My examples are a little off but hopefully you catch my drift. Pun intended! Anyway.. back to teh gaemz.

Also Kingdom Hearts 3, FF XV and MGS V are now multiplat also... What's next? When games themselves are becoming less of an advantage... Why not? Xbox live is also free for a year at launch, that's $50 made up for probably most gamers straight away! You have your preference though and I certainly respect that, I ask that more Sony fans do the same. (This isn't directed at you.... You alright! )

What's this stereo system and leather interior you speak of?

ironmanDX said:

Cars is a amazing example...

And if the $10,000 car have a 240HP engine and the $11,000 car only a 160HP engine? Remember... I'm a racer car (gamer) so I don't give a shit to park assist.

Did I make the metaphor in the right way?