By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are we in for another ps2 type gen saleswise ?

PS4 is the new PS2.

Yes 93 59.24%

No 63 40.13%

Total:156

I've never seen so much xbox to playstation converts before. About every friend of mine owning an xbox will go for ps4 next gen (excluding 2 guys who want to keep their friends list). So I think that indeed PS4 is the new PS2.

my 2 cents:

PS4 will take back gamers hearts back  to Sony, were it was in the PS2 era, with their next gen console pushing over 100 million units till a successor arrives.

Xbone will be remembered as the console for rich people, with fast internet conections, pulling similar numbers as their first machine: 24 million. Microsoft waves goodbye from the console business and purchases some other more effective solutions for living room dominance like Apple TV and such. Mattrick is either fired or promoted as VP of Lulz.

Wii U will definetelly be remembered as the glorified Dreamcast, the frankenstein of the 8th gen, the new N64 that instead of being half generation better than competition, is a half generation worse. Or something like that. Pushing like 30 million units. Nintendo as usual still manages rack in a ton of profit nonetheless and will continue to do their shit like always. 

Around the Network

I think Sony could do it, it might sell less than PS2 though but still dominant nearly as much. Wii U is doing poorly and the reaction to Xbox One is just terrible, while PS4 seems to be heralded as the gamers kingdom. I think the price automatically gives it to Sony but no DRM is just the icing on the cake. Even if things change, this E3 will be remembered for a long time

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I disagree. If you think this gen has been handed over to the Ps4, then think again. Microsoft and Nintendo are not going down without putting up a valiant fight. Remember the views of forums do not necessary reflect the opinions of the mass audience. I'm under the impression the masses don't have this retarded company loyalty mentality. They buy whatever appeases them.
I predict this will be a close contested race with ps4 winning, followed by either the Wii U or the One.

Disagree, at least for now. In 2 years time I may be saying differently, though.

I see it being close between all 3, maybe a 40 30 30 split, or 40 40 20 with the Xbone dragging behind a touch.

But it's too early to tell. Making wild predictions like this, however, don't seem to have any real foundations to them other than a "good reaction on video games forums", which I believe was the same for the Vita.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It might appear that the PS4 could run away with it all, but the PS2 was released in a much different economic climate. There would have to be good bundles to get systems off the shelves and to get people to part with their hard earned (and in some cases less) cash.

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network
Quartz said:
It might appear that the PS4 could run away with it all, but the PS2 was released in a much different economic climate. There would have to be good bundles to get systems off the shelves and to get people to part with their hard earned (and in some cases less) cash.

Personally I think it is too early to say.  Good games and ease of use with a favourable price will make it a must have like the PS2 was in its day.

Good to see this site is still going 

A little premature, don't you think?

Nooope And im a sony fanboy.

Yes. It's all over.

I think Sony will definitely take a huge chunk of the Xbox audience and should fly past 100 million sold. However, I think XBox One will have a large appeal to non-gamers and may get close to 100 million by introducing new customers to game consoles.

I have no idea how Wii U will go but I think a maximum of 25 million is fair. Hopefully Nintendo can find a way to profit with a smaller user base and continue to provide quality titles.