By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don Mattricks advise to those with no or insufficient internet access.

thismeintiel said:
Yikes. Man, they are really getting arrogant, and quite dickish, over at MS.

Well maybe they're getting tired of answering the same questions. We all know its an online console and its intended for consumers with internet access.

MS doesn't anticipate everyone getting it. Its an odd decision, but its the decision they made.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
thismeintiel said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
i dont understand here..
Sony used to be very arrogant when the PS3 launched but they had a lot be arrogant about. they had won 2 gens in a row (by a landslide) and had the 2 highest selling systems of all time. Ms are being so arrogant here like 'yeh we are the boss' when both gens they have come in they have come in 3rd place.. they have nothing to be arrogant about

True, lol.  I guess to them the US=The World, and they know they'll end up #1 in the US when all is said and done.  Still, when you finish 3rd WW, there's really nothing to be arrogant about.

i dont get why everyone thinks America is locked in. these current 360 owners in the US where PS1/PS2 owners before when they dominated the US market. Sony released a system to expensive and Ms undercut them on price and managed to get a big enough hold on america for the gen. this could easily go back to sony land. 

Well, I was talking about 360 being #1.  I do agree, there is a very good chance that the US could go back to Sony.  In fact, Sony is the only console maker that the US favored 2 gens in a row.  Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Sony, and then MS.  I think with the $100 price advantage and simultaneous release, it's a very good chance.

Mr Puggsly said:
C'mon guys! The only other answer would be get any other console.

But the 360 IS a different console than One

That's going to be Microsoft's version of "get a second job".

I think MS will try to stick out it's current direction, but it will ditch it all if Xbone sells like Xbox original.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

my god...why would he say that /facepalm

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mr Puggsly said:
C'mon guys! The only other answer would be get any other console.

But the 360 IS a different console than One

Sometimes I see someone responded to me and I think maybe I'm going to have an intelligent discussion.

Then you see its some crap like this...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

regardless of all the bickering here,why are microsoft even leaving the door open for sony/nintendo in the USA,it seems like a crazy way to go,i think they know their market well but this is not good to leave some/certain people no option but to buy the competition

Above & Beyond

sweet no more need to boot out people with spotty internet connection lol.... you guys make me laugh... no internet connection, then get lost.... don't see the problem with that it's like people bitching when they cut of hertzian analog broadcasting... this is the 21st century... last time i had an internet connection under 3mbps was prior 97.... I lived in 3 different countries in town going from 2k+ inhabitants to megapolis with million.... if you have a bad internet connection in a developed country today you should sue your ISP... not bitch against a company embracing a new era of computing....
even in cities in developing countries I have been in the past couple years I had no major issues...

and you guys really think they didn't check if the majority of their current install base didn't have what's needed before making that choice???? come on people get real, this will be a non issue for most of us that don't live in a cave.... for the rest tough luck....
but get use to it cloud computing is so far the only viable future for computer technology.... always on and digital only is gonna be the standard so you better get use to it old farts.... that's the 3rd millennium for you....

Mr Puggsly said:
thismeintiel said:
Yikes. Man, they are really getting arrogant, and quite dickish, over at MS.

Well maybe they're getting tired of answering the same questions. We all know its an online console and its intended for consumers with internet access.

MS doesn't anticipate everyone getting it. Its an odd decision, but its the decision they made.

Well, when you do not give proper answers you should expect more questions.

If they took the time to properly explain exactly how everything will work then things can move forward. However, they have shown that they just don't give a shit.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

So When I travel to our holiday home with NO internet access due to its remote location, I best not bother taking the Xbox One along for the ride.

Nice one "Dicky Don Mattrick"

Oh wait, I see he used to work for EA. Suddenly things are a lot clearer.