By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Don Mattricks advise to those with no or insufficient internet access.

NintendoPie said:
the_dengle said:

I also have advice, and unlike Mattrick, my advice is applicable to people with OR without internet access.

Buy a PS4 instead.

Or a Wii U.

Humph, why am I even trying?

Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in buying a PS4. It's clear that the Wii U and PS4 target pretty different audiences, although they have some common ground -- namely, people who love playing great video games.

It just seems to me that if you were considering buying an Xbox One because of the games that have been shown for it, the best alternative to give you a similar (but better, and also more affordable) experience would be the PS4. For instance, you want a One for Titanfall? Better off with Destiny on PS4. There isn't really a comparable game coming to Wii U... I guess it's getting Call of Duty, right? Psssshhhh

The Wii U is going to become a fantastic console with a great library of games. I think it's going to be a lot of gamers' "and one" console alongside the PS4.

Around the Network

I'd love to see some stats on what percentage of time on average current gen consoles are connected. I think it'd be quite telling ...

NintendoPie said:
the_dengle said:

I also have advice, and unlike Mattrick, my advice is applicable to people with OR without internet access.

Buy a PS4 instead.

Or a Wii U.

Humph, why am I even trying?

Hey, cheer up.  I'm sure Nintendo will get some of the overspray of the people leaving the Xbox.  Plus, there may be a few like me who will get it in a year or two, once the price is more attractive.  After all this DRM BS, I'm hoping the Wii U finishes in a respectable 2nd.

i dont understand here..
Sony used to be very arrogant when the PS3 launched but they had a lot be arrogant about. they had won 2 gens in a row (by a landslide) and had the 2 highest selling systems of all time. Ms are being so arrogant here like 'yeh we are the boss' when both gens they have come in they have come in 3rd place.. they have nothing to be arrogant about

PlaystaionGamer said:
i dont understand here..
Sony used to be very arrogant when the PS3 launched but they had a lot be arrogant about. they had won 2 gens in a row (by a landslide) and had the 2 highest selling systems of all time. Ms are being so arrogant here like 'yeh we are the boss' when both gens they have come in they have come in 3rd place.. they have nothing to be arrogant about

True, lol.  I guess to them the US=The World, and they know they'll end up #1 in the US when all is said and done.  Still, when you finish 3rd WW, there's really nothing to be arrogant about.

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:
I'd love to see some stats on what percentage of time on average current gen consoles are connected. I think it'd be quite telling ...

77million xbox 360 sold and 46million xbox live account, don't you think they are forgetting a good portion of their user base with the one

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

thismeintiel said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
i dont understand here..

True, lol.  I guess to them the US=The World, and they know they'll end up #1 in the US when all is said and done.  Still, when you finish 3rd WW, there's really nothing to be arrogant about.

i dont get why everyone thinks America is locked in. these current 360 owners in the US where PS1/PS2 owners before when they dominated the US market. Sony released a system to expensive and Ms undercut them on price and managed to get a big enough hold on america for the gen. this could easily go back to sony land. 

Holy shit... Did they really feed it into this guy's mouth or is he just trying to spin for damage control?

Geoff seems a little pissed off!
"So stick with your 360? That's your message if you don't like it?"
Totally snapped back at Mattricks, I love this, honestly, Microsoft continues to dig this hole deeper and deeper for themselves! I wonder if they are aiming to be the first ever company to drill to the earths core? :D

C'mon guys! The only other answer would be get any other console.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)