By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the 1st party games Nintendo show strike you as system sellers?

Mario Kart is the system seller. 2014 seems so long.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Mythmaker1 said:

Never said it wouldn't push consoles. I just pointed out that calling it a "multi-million seller" is wildly unrealistic.

Thats not true though. Sonic Unleashed sold about 5million copies across all platforms. You must realize there are Sonic fans on Nintendo, Sonic fans on Sony, Sonic fans on xbox. When SEGA targets all of them They get incredible results like Heroes and Unleashed which sold over 5mill. There are enough Sonic fans to make a difference

Across 4 platforms, it reached 5 million, 6 years ago.

We're talking a game, coming out this year, on one platform.

It will not be a "multi-million seller" on the basis of these figures.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

oniyide said:
I dont see SOnic pushing that much consoles, those days are long over. And multimillion seller? No, just wrong. Not unless we count releases across multiple platforms and even then.

Ever since Sega sadly went 3rd party, Sonic games have ALWAYS sold best on Nintendo platforms. Period.

And this Sonic happens to be exclusive, and happens to look a HELL of a lot more interesting than most of the sad attempts Sega has made over the last decade. This game actually looks fun. And like it might NOT play like shit. Generations was okay. This looks better than that. So while it won't be THE system seller, it'll help. Believe it or not, there are still old Sega gamers out there, and not all of them have simply become Xbox or PS owners. Which is why Nintendo would be smart to make a much bigger exclusivity deal with Sega, get some other games like Shinobi, Golden Axe, Vectorman, Nights, whatever, going on NIntendo platforms as exclusives.

Mario Kart and Smash Bros look like real system sellers.

super mario 3d world is a million+ seller. It is not what i expected but i am genuinely excited for the game

Around the Network

While many of these games are million sellers, I doubt they're SYSTEM sellers. They'll definitely push out quite a few consoles, but not that many...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

They had more system sellers than I could see at either of the other conferences. At with a £50 price reduction, I could see the U doing really well in the holiday season, and beyond.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

3Dworld and DKCR2. That Wii party thing and WWHD could sell fairly well too. The rest will help build momentum.

For Nintendo to do really well this holiday I think they need to get rid of basic and bring deluxe to $300, and bust out that marketing blitz we heard about.

Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros will do well for Wii U

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Mythmaker1 said:
Nem said:
Sonic is a multi million seller.

That is a highly questionable assertion. The last Sonic released exclusively on Nintendo platforms was Sonic Colors. Which sold 1.47 million units at the height of the Wii's popularity.

Alright maybe multi-million is a bit much. But a million seller it is. He will obviously push some sales, theres no doubt of that though. Allied with Mario they will keep quite a few people happy. If you're looking for clear reasons to buy the Wii U, you will see them in 2014.

This is the same story that happened with the 3DS. 2 Big titles + a price cut and sales pick up and the following year you deliver more kickass software to continue the momentum. Next year is jam packed of quality with mario Kart 8, X, Bayonetta 2, Smash brothers and possibly zelda at the end of the year.