By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did the 1st party games Nintendo show strike you as system sellers?

It was annoying that Nintendo basically showed Wii/3DS games for WiiU. Not even real asymetric gameplay was there .... just that gimmicky  gamepad can be used for a fifth player (toddler?) to join...

I was also really disappointed by Mario.

I hate the TIMER in Mario3D World. The reason why 64 Galaxy etc are so awesine is because those games are great and challenging without the need for a stupid timer. ( also hate the timer in Mario 3D Land and NSMB etc)

A timer in Mario has no purpose. noone really dies because the time runs out but it prevends you from enjoying the awesome artstyle. So it is purely annoying. If they want highscores etc why not make a counter that starts at 0 and the longer you need to finish the level the less points you get THAT WOULD BE SMART.

I should start a petition to get rid of this archaic crap i seriously hate timers. I mean I love to just have Mario (and any other character for that matter) idlying to just listen to the music and look around etc.

Why do people get penalized for taking their time? Whats the point in rushing? Let the game have 2 difficulties  and let the first one have no TIMER.

Around the Network

Well technically Kart moves systems (Good reason why there are Kart 7 Bundles of 3DS yes??).. and even if you think of these games as "Supplemental" Think of it this way.. how many Supplemental titles does a system need.. (Such as games you mentioned above) to move a system.. think of it this way.. about the 32 bit era.. (And before really) All you needed was a game.. that would sell the system... that was it.. one game.. (Don't believe me.. look at how PSone shot up in sales after FF7 was out..) Now in days.. you need more than one game.. because all the systems have one game.. so supplemental titles are a must.. until the next system seller comes out... (Of which the WII U will have plenty for the holiday season along with Kart) and the thing your ignoring is the fact that even if it is supplemental.. it's supplemental titles from some of their most famed franchises.. (That does not hurt at all).. In addition the Wii has to come off the shelves at some time.. and The Wii U needs more adopters.. so actually it is a very smart move..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Honestly, no. I could be excited for 'X', but I don't know enough about it to be sure. Same, but to a lesser degree, with Windwaker HD. Besides that...not really.

In terms of the genral market, Mario 3d, mario kart, and Wii fit. The latter most significantly, with a toss-up between the other two. I still don't expect much.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I love those games. I think they will be fun and great. But I don't think they are system sellers. I think they are the wrong kind of games right now for the WiiU. They will only please the current fans.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Exclusive new mario and sonic on top of a zelda remake. If it doesnt jolt those sales alongside a price cut and a looming mario kart, nothing will. I agree with others that seeing mario kart 8 that would be a great system seller for the Wii U.

Around the Network
Th3PANO said:

LOL. Pikmin 3 started as a Wii Game. DKC TR doesn't look bad tbh. 3D World looks magnificient. I love how you highlight only these games.

Mario Kart 8 looks amazing (also the TV feature, great - 1080p 60 FPS ). SSB 4 also. Smash Bros + Mario Kart 8 + the tournament feature they announced a while ago for MiiVerse = instant win.

Also there is the other Retro Project (obviously not Metroid, cause they chose to make DKC before that) so I bet it's a forgotten IP or a new IP. Too many rumours which lead to the same conclusions. Retro has two teams.

X.....man, for a game with such a tremendous big world it sure does look amazing. Bayonetta 2, also looks great. 60 FPS for sure. Also they announced that they almost wanted too show Zelda Wii U today. It's further in progress then we all thought. We all knew that PS4 is in a other league. And still, Monolith Soft impresse dme today greatly. Never seen a RPG like this, it's a very ambitous game.

I was particularly talking about the first year wiiU titles

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Gamegears said:
Well technically Kart moves systems (Good reason why there are Kart 7 Bundles of 3DS yes??).. and even if you think of these games as "Supplemental" Think of it this way.. how many Supplemental titles does a system need.. (Such as games you mentioned above) to move a system.. think of it this way.. about the 32 bit era.. (And before really) All you needed was a game.. that would sell the system... that was it.. one game.. (Don't believe me.. look at how PSone shot up in sales after FF7 was out..) Now in days.. you need more than one game.. because all the systems have one game.. so supplemental titles are a must.. until the next system seller comes out... (Of which the WII U will have plenty for the holiday season along with Kart) and the thing your ignoring is the fact that even if it is supplemental.. it's supplemental titles from some of their most famed franchises.. (That does not hurt at all).. In addition the Wii has to come off the shelves at some time.. and The Wii U needs more adopters.. so actually it is a very smart move..

Sorry I deleted it in the OP but I was referring to first year wiiU titiles, MK8 will not be out until like 2014.

Nem said:
Exclusive new mario and sonic on top of a zelda remake. If it doesnt jolt those sales alongside a price cut and a looming mario kart, nothing will. I agree with others that seeing mario kart 8 that would be a great system seller for the Wii U.

I honestly do not think these games would move systems, they are great for the people that already have a wiiU but I do not see someone picking it for a remake, what is esssentially a 3ds game, and sonic has not been a system seller since the genesis days.

Sonic is a multi million seller. Despite what you think the new 3D Mario looks like alot of fun and theres alot of people that havent played wind waker. Especially the younger audiences.

I stick however by everything I said in my original post.. and I think Donkey Kong will help move the system along with a couple other titles.. I think many gamers.. want a Wii U.. but it just does not have the games right now.. however with what's coming soon.. (Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends) and what is do at the end of the year.. there will be enough supplemental material to make it worth buying if your a Nintendo fan.. or Gamer in general.. sides.. you forgot the power of Wii Fit U.. :P

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)