By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Chose Donkey Kong Over Metroid as Its First Wii U Title

Tagged games:

BossPuma said:
F0X said:
BossPuma said:
They just released a Dk game for 3ds........ Do we really need another one?

A port. It either means nothing or it exists to promote the new Wii U game.

I know but a Metroid game would have been a so much more satisfying announcement than DK since we just got DKCR in 2011( i think) and it just got a rerelease.

The last true Metroid game came out in 2007.

DKCR came out in 2010. A three year gap isn't bad. Thats what Nintendo wants Zelda to be at.

I can understand why Metroid is getting a break. Nintendo didn't seem to bring good ideas to the table last time...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

They probably figured they could push out a DK game quicker than a Metroid game...
Perhaps they now feel like they can fully devote their time to Metroid...
Or whatever their working on...
Or maybe another studio is working on Metroid...

Have a nice day...

leedlelee said:
They probably figured they could push out a DK game quicker than a Metroid game...
Perhaps they now feel like they can fully devote their time to Metroid...
Or whatever their working on...
Or maybe another studio is working on Metroid...

For some reason, I haven't thought of that.

But the thought also scares me.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Why didn't they just make a 3d Donkey kong game?

Carl2291 said:
aikohualda said:
ill forgive them if they have dixie kong

Somebody didnt watch the reveal.

OT: DKC is a far bigger franchise than Metroid, so its the logical thing to do - Get the bigger game onto your struggling platform asap.

i havent.. im stuck in the office...

Around the Network

What I don't understand is why nintendo needs 8 different 2D platfomers all in development at the same time. Ok, thtas an in 2015 or something...

On the opposite side though, if they chose to develop this title then we can't really complain. Assumably it means they hace actual ambitions for it and aren't just shitting out a sequel for the sake of it.

this is good. Give them the choice instead of forcing them. Nintendo fans are just whinny little bitches that want everything at once. Fucking relax people. We are getting awesome games by the end of the year

pokeclaudel said:

The 3DS game is a port of the 2010 Wii game so yes and no.

Signature goes here!

Hynad said:

Screw the Prime series. We need a new AAA 2D Metroid. They will have gained a lot of 2D expertise with those DK games, so let them use it to create a compelling 2D Metroid.

As good as the Prime series is, the first game in particular, these games didn't succeed in putting the bar higher than Super Metroid did in 1994.

THIIIIIIIISSSSSS. It's inevitable though. After that, I hope they move on to something more Factor5-like, pushing the console like they can.

TruckOSaurus said:
pokeclaudel said:

The 3DS game is a port of the 2010 Wii game so yes and no.

No I ment a 3d platformer game like Donkey kong 64.