By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Chose Donkey Kong Over Metroid as Its First Wii U Title

Tagged games:

I'll never give up and hope for another full 3D adventure title from them.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

After finally seeing the whole trailer, I can see why! XD

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

"unfinished business with Nintendo's number one gorilla"

No.

I'm sure that Nintendo (and especially Retro) were in heaven with DKCR's sales compared to so-so Metroid sales. DKCR has build momentum and brought fans of old and new so it's the perfect moment for a sequel and keep the $$$ coming.

cbarroso09 said:
Mensrea said:
Still really disappointing, I mean, it looks like a wii game. I wish they chose something to push the system more.

really? you need glasses more than me!

Well, the quality of the ND stream was horrible. But after watching all trailers on Nintendo's Youtube channel in 720p again - no contest. All games jsut blow the Wii out of the water. Hard.

CHOSE? I thought they were told to make this, i.e. forced.

Around the Network

Bloody hell, I can't stop myself from replaying the trailer! LOL

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I'm sure they had some choice in what to make, I just wished they would have tried to something a bit more unique.

Although no doubt it will isht all over both Mario platformers on the Wii U, especially based off the graphics.

DKCR was already amazing, and this time they have a chance to improve upon it with new hardware, the composer of the original game returning, and multiple characters with different skillsets and secrets designed around them.

I'm not disappointed, I'm ecstatic! :D

KHlover said:
Roma said:
I am disappointing they chose DK so soon after the Wii game :/

they could have done a new IP or gone back to Metroid which does not have to be Prime 4 but a new entry in the franchise

this sure is not what people wanted them to do

oh well

It's been three years since the first one. How long should Nintendo wait between each title? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

too soon for Retro to do it yes. Nintendo should let someone ells do DK while Retro makes more advanced games requiring more talent than what a DK game needs

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
KHlover said:
Roma said:
I am disappointing they chose DK so soon after the Wii game :/

they could have done a new IP or gone back to Metroid which does not have to be Prime 4 but a new entry in the franchise

this sure is not what people wanted them to do

oh well

It's been three years since the first one. How long should Nintendo wait between each title? 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

too soon for Retro to do it yes. Nintendo should let someone ells do DK while Retro makes more advanced games requiring more talent than what a DK game needs

I think I agree with this