By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's make #PS4freeonlineplay

I also think online should be free, BUT PS+ already is such an amazing deal! You get free games and great benefits on 3 consoles why would you not subscribe? They are giving a lot of value to the subscription.

My subscription ends by 2015. So I am really covered. :D

Around the Network
think-man said:
Nah I'm always on Plus and so should everyone, paying for online with plus doesn't effect me and besides I don't play online much as it is.

and you get benefits on 3 devices ;)

eFKac said:
Lol at the Xbox boys here. I don't know where do you see the sheep changing opinions with the wind (Dmick) or suddenly paying for online isn't a bad thing (Wright) because this thread was made because, we Sony fans are not embracing it with joy, wanting to pay even more. Save for like 3-4 posts, people are either upset, or give good, legit reasons why they are fine with paying.

You're wrong. Look at the thread itself. Almost everyone goes like "Well, I'm a Ps+ already! No problem here!" or "But it is an awesome service! What gives?". So everyone can give good reasons why they are fine with paying.

Thing is, whenever a "xbox guy" give a legit reason why they were paying for Gold, people would always chastise him. As in, "Well, Ps3's free". There's a serious "It doesn't affect me, so I'm cool with it" attitude here going on now that things are changed.

I'm not calling anyone hypocrite. I'm just saying that, suddenly, paying for online isn't a bad thing. It's nice, you see, PS+ gives you a lot of things and it's a pretty nice deal. But you understand what I'm saying.

Wright said:
eFKac said:
Lol at the Xbox boys here. I don't know where do you see the sheep changing opinions with the wind (Dmick) or suddenly paying for online isn't a bad thing (Wright) because this thread was made because, we Sony fans are not embracing it with joy, wanting to pay even more. Save for like 3-4 posts, people are either upset, or give good, legit reasons why they are fine with paying.

You're wrong. Look at the thread itself. Almost everyone goes like "Well, I'm a Ps+ already! No problem here!" or "But it is an awesome service! What gives?". So everyone can give good reasons why they are fine with paying.

Thing is, whenever a "xbox guy" give a legit reason why they were paying for Gold, people would always chastise him. As in, "Well, Ps3's free". There's a serious "It doesn't affect me, so I'm cool with it" attitude here going on now that things are changed.

I'm not calling anyone hypocrite. I'm just saying that, suddenly, paying for online isn't a bad thing. It's nice, you see, PS+ gives you a lot of things and it's a pretty nice deal. But you understand what I'm saying.

Maybe I'm not a frequent guest of Microsoft threads, and some may espaced from my attention, but I haven't seen much of ranting from Sony guys about free online, it's a neat thing no doubt, but it was a hot topic at the start of the gen, not recently. so I haven't seen the arguments in a rather long time. 

On the other hand I also recall, not particularly on this site, but overall, that MS fans were often claiming, that Live is better because it's a paid service, and the sub-par PSN has conservations all the time, worse apps and got hacked. And now I've seen comments that used the PS4 payed online as a point in downplaying the service and/or (but it might have been only Sales2099 :P) so both parties like to change their attitude, it's nothing new really. But such generalisations aren't bringing much into the discussions imo.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:

Maybe I'm not a frequent guest of Microsoft threads, and some may espaced from my attention, but I haven't seen much of ranting from Sony guys about free online, it's a neat thing no doubt, but it was a hot topic at the start of the gen, not recently. so I haven't seen the arguments in a rather long time. 

On the other hand I also recall, not particularly on this site, but overall, that MS fans were often claiming, that Live is better because it's a paid service, and the sub-par PSN has conservations all the time, worse apps and got hacked. And now I've seen comments that used the PS4 payed online as a point in downplaying the service and/or (but it might have been only Sales2099 :P) so both parties like to change their attitude, it's nothing new really. But such generalisations aren't bringing much into the discussions imo.

Paying for fundamental things isn't never fair, that's my opinion. I didn't like Gold and I don't like mandatory PS+ either. It's just I don't like people here that goes "Well, ain't a problem for me!". That attitude gets on my nerves.

Around the Network
Wright said:
eFKac said:

Paying for fundamental things isn't never fair, that's my opinion. I didn't like Gold and I don't like mandatory PS+ either. It's just I don't like people here that goes "Well, ain't a problem for me!". That attitude gets on my nerves.

Toatlly agree with the bolded. As for the rest, well I guess we'll have to deal with it. Xbox fans say used games, and online checks aren't a problem for them, Sony fans say paying for multi isn't :P I don't think we can do much about it, and honestly I understand Sony fans more on that matter.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

People keep complaining about the PSN maintenance and the slow download speeds. This is the way to continue to improve it. Don't waste your breath with this, we got lucky that PS3s online remained free for so long. Sony kinda had to considering the more expensive PS3 and year late on the market.

eFKac said:

Toatlly agree with the bolded. As for the rest, well I guess we'll have to deal with it. Xbox fans say used games, and online checks aren't a problem for them, Sony fans say paying for multi isn't :P I don't think we can do much about it, and honestly I understand Sony fans more on that matter.

But i'ts like AGDFSOINDSGOINSDF.

TruckOSaurus said:
I've gotta find the thread from not too long ago where the Sony camp ranted about Xbox Live. How fast things change.

I had a look earlier but couldn't find one in particular where I remembered saying they'd look ridiculous when Sony started charging.  Such a shame although its probably for the best not stirring the hornets nest up.

PS plus subscribers are still in the minority though, if sony is not only going to continue the Instant game collection across 3 platforms (7-8 games per month) and simultaneously build infrastructure for more reliable servers, I think its totally fair they make PS+ mandatory for online play.