By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let's make #PS4freeonlineplay

Did they actually confirm they were charging for online? I can't find a reputable link, but I do believe there was an article that referenced an official statement that PSN would always be free. However, companies do change their minds on things. I just really want a specific confirmation about the PSN requiring PS+ to play online games from an actual Sony rep rather than here say, even that I'd say it was a great indicator they would charge for online that's not exactly what it said. I mean perhaps they mean there will be no online DRM for 3rd party games with PS+?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network

As I said in another thread I already have two years worth of ps+ so I'm not really worried. It was already a great service.

I don't understand why they chose to make multiplayer need ps+. It's a growing service, and will continue growing. They really don't HAVE to make it necessary in order for people to buy it, and instead they could've used free mp as yet another bullet fired at MS.

That's just not going to happen.

Wright said:

Suddenly, paying for playing online isn't a bad thing, at all.

Exactly, remember how much crap Sony fans used to give us Xbox guys about Microsoft charging for online? Funny how all of sudden PS fans are gung ho with paying for online now that Sony does it. Like a herd of sheep, their opinions change with the wind...

What more do you want from Sony? They need money to run servers needed for multiplayer and also need to make some profits. I am extremely happy and grateful they chose a very reasonable price for such a powerful machine.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I can't Believe people are saying they are "Fine" with this and that it really isn't a "big deal" other than the PC i game on my PS3 (rarely), but one of the greatest determining factors about this game console is that it had "FREE" online play just like PC, sure it might not have been the greatest but was still free.
Listen I know what they are offering with no DRM and the price point is very Robust and a Great Deal but if Sony had Charged for online for this last gen they would have lost a Lot of customers being that Xbox doing the same thing and at the early stages we all know the 360 was more commercially successful.
Now with all that said, I Have owned every Console this Gen and while I enjoyed all of them I enjoyed the PS3 the most because of simple fact that I don't have to worry about paying to play online (and Pretty damn sweet Library of games).
You are all entitled to your opinion but the fact that a lot of people are flip flopping on this entire situation, well it is just so unnerving that you are just willing to accept the disappearance of a key feature that makes a console GREAT, and it really shows that you follow the brand not the qualities of that brand.

Wright said:

Then give the option to play free without Gaikai. Simple as that

My understanding is it's fully integrated along with share feature. I don't know how practical it is to seperate the service from those

Max King of the Wild said:
Wright said:

Then give the option to play free without Gaikai. Simple as that

My understanding is it's fully integrated along with share feature. I don't know how practical it is to seperate the service from those

Well, damn.

@Dmick

You can still access all the multimedia features with out the pay wall, which you can't do on the 360. Also anyone with half a brain would know how awesome PS+ has been since launch and already have it. Also there actually providing an online service now in regards to X-game Chat + where people can actually watch you online while you play and talk to you about what you are doing in game live. So they are actually providing a service relevant to online play as compared to previous gen that didn't have such capabilities, or in the 360 case provide any real service.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

BloodyRain said:
hmm, quite frankly I think the $400 is because it requires online for multiplayer now. So no.

think about it this way, would you rather pay 50$ extra at launch or forced to pay 50$ for the next 7-10 years you own the console?