Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134

loving Mario Kart 8 so far already got all of the tracks and most of the characters unlocked though i have only played battle mode once and haven't touched the online yet.

Around the Network

Just got over 50%
aobg38atgoeb3908rba
WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS!?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

NintendoPie said:
justinian said: 

For pure innocent fun Nintendo really can deliver. Looking forward to the tourney on Sunday. Practice, practice, practice...

To be clear, my Tourney is on Saturday. However, if you want to play ConeyG's (which is on Sunday) then that might be good for the both of us. I have a max amount of players for the two tourneys that will be hosted tomorrow and I just can't take in anymore!

Thanks N'Pie. Can't do tomorrow anyway. 

Pros and cons:

Friend room:

+Full control for the host over simultaneous start an end for everyone.
+Voice chat in the lobby.
+All 32 tracks available for selection before each race.

-Limited to GPs with four races.
-Results have to be written down by hand within a window of about 20 seconds.

Tournament room:

+Number of races can be selected.
+Results are kept track of by the game.

-Lack of control (no actual host rights, the creator of the room is a player like everyone else).
-Only a random set of three tracks available to choose from before each race.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:

Tournament rooms for tourneys by a long shot IMO.

And what are the "host rights"?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

The host can control what happens in the (rules) in the races and when they start/end. In the case of Tournaments no one has those "rights." You can create rules beforehand but you can't start/end a tourney, it does that by itself. 

I'm not completely sure which I'm going for yet. I want to know Rol's final opinion.

Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

game is a blast, the graphics are very disappointing though, we were playing on a 50 inch tv and the IQ and jaggies really take away from the beautiful art style.

Slarvax said:
RolStoppable said:

The host rights are the ability to start when you say so, and latecomers will be out for good and can't skew the results by getting one or more races to themselves after the majority has finished.

Example: Three people come two races too late to a five race tournament that has the CPU option activated. The nine people who showed up right from the start play two races with three CPUs added, then three races with a full set of human players. The three latecomers then play two races against nine CPUs to finish off their five races; CPU opponents most likely give them better chances to attain top positions and thus garner more points than they would have otherwise.

I think a deactivated CPU option could solve this problem somewhat, because the awarded points should get scaled. If there are only three racers, then the distributed points should be something like 5/3/1 instead of the 15/12/10/etc. for twelve players.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

I just played 5 hours of MK8 with a friend of mine without an interruoption..
This game is beyond awesome.. Especially Star and Lightning Cup..

It also sold out entirely in my region..

NintendoPie said:

The host can control what happens in the (rules) in the races and when they start/end. In the case of Tournaments no one has those "rights." You can create rules beforehand but you can't start/end a tourney, it does that by itself. 

I'm not completely sure which I'm going for yet. I want to know Rol's final opinion.

Tournament rooms will make it easier to organize and monitor the results. You should deactivate CPUs though.