By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134

So I got the game yesterday.

It looks like the devil knew it too, because he decided to break my TV :-| .
The picture is still perfect, but the speakers emit some kind of machine-gun sound. Technically I can of course just play it without the TV on the GamePad, but I want my first experience of this game on the big screen. Probably monday 'til I can actually play the game .

Around the Network

So far I'd say a 8.5 of Double Dash.

pro:
- plays as smooth as ever
- drivers and cars feel unique(should take quite a while until I find my perfect setup)
- lots of tracks, love the retro tracks
- apparently good enough that someone like me who never plays online EVER wants to try it

con:
- apparently the game hates to give players options for how they wanna play(no HUD, button layout, etc)
- a few tracks have too much going on, which distracts from the race
- Toadette not as cute as ever

So how do I get in on these tourneys? I noticed there are currently several and i lost track.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Do anyone of you guys play with the d-pad or the right stick?
I myself am playing with the d-pad.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

This is easily my favourite home console Mario Kart (I never played the handheld ones). MK64, Double Dash and MKWii were great fun too, but each of them had a few serious flaws.

For me its a 8.5/10 so far. I agree with the reviewer that said Battle was disappointing.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
AlphaCielago said:
Do anyone of you guys play with the d-pad or the right stick?
I myself am playing with the d-pad.

Ive tried it all, best for me is left stick, a/b/x/y and the triggers for both Gamepad and Pro Controller.

I don't think I'll be able to play today :( . I've been having some internet problems and sometimes I lose my connection in between online games so I won't be able to participate in any tournaments until I can get that fixed.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Duh, I didn't know you got a free game when you register your copy of the game.

That should have been promoted more. I may not be in tuned to everything Nintendo like some but if I didn't know I am sure many casuals won't either. That should be on the packaging (unless it was a very late decision).

That is a strong incentive to grab a Wii U if you were thinking about getting MK8 but wasn't quite sure.

Zelda:WWHD is a great freebie. Was thinking of buying it.

Ok. I LOVE Mount Wario. Best track for me so far.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Ok. I LOVE Mount Wario. Best track for me so far.

Me too.. I think it's the best track of the game..

The whole Cup is amazing..