By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Mario Kart 8 Thread - Open To Random Online Races!

Your MK8 Rating

10 542 46.85%

9 350 30.25%

8 109 9.42%

7 27 2.33%

6 10 0.86%

5 9 0.78%

4 1 0.09%

3 22 1.90%

There shouldn't be any l... 64 5.53%

Total:1,134
Cheebee said:

He meant holidays as in months of summer vacation, not the end of year festivity season.  

So few people playing online lately... I have close to 100 registered friends on my Wii U, most from VGC, but there's rarely anyone online whenever I race, and if there is, it's usually just 1 or 2 people.

We can blame me not getting that on being American.

And I understand. I have many VGC friends on my Wii U and 3DS and I've seen them play MK8 every once and while but then when it comes time to play the tourney they are all offline. It's frustrating, but whatever.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Yes, Thursday is dead. By mid-July we were only four players, the following week only three, so I cancelled the last Thursday tournament of July. Then by circumstance I hosted a Saturday tournament for six people and added that one as the last July tournament to my spreadsheet. Said Saturday was also the last tournament that was hosted on a weekend. There has been no real demand for racing since then.

I'll take your tourney off the second post, then. I wish you would've posted on my wall about it being over with so I could've done this beforehand, though.

Yeah interest just died down, which is a shame. As I said earlier today, however, if the demand is there then I will host one more tourney either on Saturday or a week today.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I guess it dies because it falls of the VG Buddy from almost every user after a while. And so, they forget.

This is why I'm against the idea of having only ONE thread for tournaments of any game...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
I guess it dies because it falls of the VG Buddy from almost every user after a while. And so, they forget.

This is why I'm against the idea of having only ONE thread for tournaments of any game...

Let's not go there again, Slarvax. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Don't worry. I don't like making a big deal out of... anything.
(or do I!?)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

NintendoPie said:
Cheebee said:

He meant holidays as in months of summer vacation, not the end of year festivity season.  

So few people playing online lately... I have close to 100 registered friends on my Wii U, most from VGC, but there's rarely anyone online whenever I race, and if there is, it's usually just 1 or 2 people.

We can blame me not getting that on being American.

And I understand. I have many VGC friends on my Wii U and 3DS and I've seen them play MK8 every once and while but then when it comes time to play the tourney they are all offline. It's frustrating, but whatever.

Maybe we should instead turn this into a thread for random online races. Like, whenever anybody feels like playing online, they post and people can join. Either right away or they could give a heads-up a while beforehand. Or there could be a new thread for that, I don't know. 

I know I for one usually don't have the chance to play at specific set times regularly, because reasons. But I do hop online quite a bit now and then whenever I feel like it at irregular times. 

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

RolStoppable said:

Yes, Thursday is dead. By mid-July we were only four players, the following week only three, so I cancelled the last Thursday tournament of July. Then by circumstance I hosted a Saturday tournament for six people and added that one as the last July tournament to my spreadsheet. Said Saturday was also the last tournament that was hosted on a weekend. There has been no real demand for racing since then.

I think that is understandable due to the "summer vacations", although it was going downhill before. Pretty sure it would have been better to take a hiatus during these months, all is well. It's a shame since I'm normally busy during the weekends so I can't race on these tourneys but Thursday's I was normally free.

Guess I should get online the normal way like Cheebee suggests, and see if anyone pops in during that time; haven't done that yet... hmmm, going to log in right now

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Although the other players were mostly beginners, my first online races have been better than the tournaments due to two or three close races. Still need more exp to get more challenge.
I'm off.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Although the other players were mostly beginners, my first online races have been better than the tournaments due to two or three close races. Still need more exp to get more challenge.
I'm off.

Well the game puts you in groups with others with similar points totals to your own (so similarly experienced, sort of), so that would make sense.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046