By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

I like Bacon said:

I am disappointed by how many multi-player matches you need to unlock characters:

Ness: 5
Marth: 10
Luigi: 22
Falco: 50
C. Falcon: 70
Lucario: 100
Snake: 130
R.O.B: 160
Ganondorf: 200
Mr. Game & Watch: 250
Sonic: 300
Jigglypuff: 350
Toon Link: 400
Wolf: 450

That may be fine for some people, but I don't think it should be that easy to unlock characters, I would have preferred it to be like this:

Ness: 100
Marth: 200
Luigi: 300
Falco: 400
C. Falcon: 500
Lucario: 600
Snake: 700
R.O.B: 800
Ganondorf: 900
Mr.Game & Watch: 1000
Sonic: 1250
Jigglypuff: 1500
Toon Link: 1750
Wolf: 2000

I would have actually preferred the number of matches to be like this. But I don't like the order in which they are unlocked. Jigglypuff is unlocked way too late.

You could keep track of how many matches you've played and not use the characters until you've unlocked them according to your list =P  Just sayin ....

I don't know how long it would take me to play 2000 matches but at say 5 minutes a piece thats almost a week of continuos play time and it only counts the time it would take while in the game.  If you figure in more time for choosing characters and loading, unloading stages etc.. its probably a lot more.

That said even at that point it isn't too bad or anything, but I would personal prefer not to have to play crazy amounts to unlock it.  They could have made an option where the first boot up on a new system you can choose between "easy", "annoying", "frustrating", "insane", and "No Life" for the unlockable difficulties.  Easy would be what it is now, and your list could be annoying or frustrating =P

Either way I think I would have prefered the unlockables in a random order over the set list, but thats probably just me. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
JGarcia050 said:
does anyone know if there is going to be lighting mode...cause thats all i played in melee....regular melee is too slow for me

yes there is a lightning mode AFAIK.

To Each Man, Responsibility
JGarcia050 said:
does anyone know if there is going to be lighting mode...cause thats all i played in melee....regular melee is too slow for me

and Sqrl, that is silly. >_>;

I like that unlocking the characters doesn't take long. Seriously...you're going to play the game for years and years...you're talking about unlocking characters in a couple days or a couple weeks...I'd rather be a couple days so I can get my true gaming on as early as possible.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

^well for the first thing...yes that would work lolol
Anyways, u don't have tp play 5 minute matches to it wouldn't take that long. U can set the handicap to 9 for u and 1 for CPU, put CPU at level 1, put damage ratio at 2.0
then, the matches will go really quick

Around the Network

Ben, I have no life, I can do 2,000 matches in less than 3 days.

>_>

and Wiiforever, the easiest way is this:

2 characters, 1 stock, random stage, fall of the stage, then do it again.

But that is boring.

http://www.afro-ninja.com/nsr/brawltactics.html

Your advanced tactics generator for brawl.

My 3 tactics

egg-shffling
tier-slapping
Neck-Punching

I am one bad ass mofo

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

yeah i played on reg melee mode all the time till i tried out lighting mode with my bro once....and once we played lighting and went back to reg melee it was way too slow

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

My top three Brawl techniques:

Jesus-chasing
ledge-smashing
needle-walking

You just try to beat me with those techniques under my belt...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

OH, I almost forgot...neck-bagging. Hahahaha.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM