By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

I am disappointed by how many multi-player matches you need to unlock characters:

Ness: 5
Marth: 10
Luigi: 22
Falco: 50
C. Falcon: 70
Lucario: 100
Snake: 130
R.O.B: 160
Ganondorf: 200
Mr. Game & Watch:  250
Sonic: 300
Jigglypuff: 350
Toon Link: 400
Wolf: 450

That may be fine for some people, but I don't think it should be that easy to unlock characters, I would have preferred it to be like this:

Ness: 100
Marth: 200
Luigi: 300
Falco: 400
C. Falcon: 500
Lucario: 600
Snake: 700
R.O.B: 800
Ganondorf: 900
Mr.Game & Watch: 1000
Sonic: 1250
Jigglypuff: 1500
Toon Link: 1750
Wolf: 2000

I would have actually preferred the number of matches to be like this. But I don't like the order in which they are unlocked. Jigglypuff is unlocked way too late.

Around the Network

I agree with you on that Bacon, I wanted the unlocking to take a while so you could really feel the achievement of it.

Exactly!

But the order sucks in which they are unlocked, it should be:

Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Marth, Falco, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Lucario, Wolf, Snake, Sonic, Mr. G&W, R.O.B.

Or something similar.

Personally, I don't mind unlocking characters fast. I want them in my roster.

I'm sure there will be plenty of trophies and other extras that you'll have to bend over backwards for if I want that sense of achievement. I am so going to try and get every single trophy too.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Hardcore melee fans rejecting Brawl...? Why? i mean, the game is TOO good. There is no way TRUE HARDCORE gamers can say brawl is not as good as melee. In addition, American market is the main nintendo target, we all see how hard is Wii hitting on America and SSBB will hit HARD too.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:

I am disappointed by how many multi-player matches you need to unlock characters:

Ness: 5
Marth: 10
Luigi: 22
Falco: 50
C. Falcon: 70
Lucario: 100
Snake: 130
R.O.B: 160
Ganondorf: 200
Mr. Game & Watch: 250
Sonic: 300
Jigglypuff: 350
Toon Link: 400
Wolf: 450

That may be fine for some people, but I don't think it should be that easy to unlock characters, I would have preferred it to be like this:

Ness: 100
Marth: 200
Luigi: 300
Falco: 400
C. Falcon: 500
Lucario: 600
Snake: 700
R.O.B: 800
Ganondorf: 900
Mr.Game & Watch: 1000
Sonic: 1250
Jigglypuff: 1500
Toon Link: 1750
Wolf: 2000

I would have actually preferred the number of matches to be like this. But I don't like the order in which they are unlocked. Jigglypuff is unlocked way too late.

by multi-player matches, that means VS mode right>(not online)

I agree, y are the numbers so low compared to melee? 

Well, I mind! Me and my sister will unlock them all first day. :-/

Just wondering Bacon, why would you prefer that order? What's your reasoning for why it should be that way?

Edit:One test down. Two to go tomorrow. SSE is about 50% done, but time to go to class and then work. Expected completion day is Sunday.

@Dromafett: Not talking about hardcore melee fans, but competitive melee fans. The main worry is that Brawl has been dumbed down to that the skill gap between a casual and competitive player is small. The apparant lack of depth in Brawl would stop it being played competitively as much, which is what kept Melee alive for so long.

Of course this is being debunked day by day on that forum.

wow, Ridley looks so awesome! Why couldn't he be playable.