By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

Yeah, I guess I never really tried again...I figured the game would be laggy or something, is it easy to join or create matches? How exactly does that work?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Anyone else following the madness that is Smash World Forums at the moment? The whole Brawl is/isn't is able to be played competitively debate and all the chaos ensuing as people are searching for techniques while others moan and baw.

^there still will def be professional tournaments though

^ But will they keep with Melee or switch to Brawl?

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

^of course switch to Brawl!

Around the Network

Can u play online with that thing?

^online what? online tournaments? I don't think so

wiiforever said:
^of course switch to Brawl!

You don't know that...Brawl isn't even out in the US yet...there might be a mass rejection by some of the hardcore Melee fans...we'll see.  I don't care though...I'm positive there will be plenty of Brawl tournament opportunities in the long run.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

interesting, I'm on the smash boards now and the meta game is starting to heat up.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142507

It's a very long post that is actually just a chat log, but it's talking about some of the ins and outs, and new stuff in brawl, but it seems like people are starting to get on board with it a bit more now (it hasn't even been a frikkin week) instead of complaining that it's not melee. Some things of note, characters seem more balanced, so that it's not just top 4 tier with marth, sheik, fox and falco. Characters are more varied, rather than learning techs and then applying them to whatever character you want, each character really plays differently. Combos seem to be more integral this time around. The floatiness makes for more areal tactics and combat. Apparently high rep pros like Azen are saying it's good. Some are starting to think it might be deeper than Melee was, just in a completely different way. Alot of new techniques. Olimar seems to be a very good character if you know how to use him (getting swarmed with pikmin apparently does an absurd amount of damage).

Alot more interesting technical stuff there if you're eyes don't bleed trying to read the wall of text.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Ben, go to SmashBoards, a lot of groups are playing it already. Quite a lot of techs, most basic but still important, have been discovered already. But yea, then people keep telling the whiners to shut up as the game has hardly been out for long or to get out of melee mode.