By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is about to win 2 generations in 1

Both the PS3 and the PS4 are looking to be the highest selling console of their respective generation and that is going to happen in the next few years.

Around the Network

By days did you mean years?

Lol. Yeah sure.

Aj_habfan said:

Actually, yes. I meant years.

So the PS3 will now sell another 25mil from here? It's sold 3.8mil so far this year. If we say another 5mil from here for the year, it needs to sell another 20mil from the PS4 launch. Possible, but unlikely.

And everyone said that the Vita had it in the bag. We don't know the launch date yet, or anything else about the launch for that matter, other than the base price, who knows what that includes.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

B_E_L_I_E_V_E

HikenNoAce said:
Aj_habfan said:

Actually, yes. I meant years.

Fair enough.

It's entirely possible, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it turned out another way.

Conegamer said:
So the PS3 will now sell another 25mil from here? It's sold 3.8mil so far this year. If we say another 5mil from here for the year, it needs to sell another 20mil from the PS4 launch. Possible, but unlikely.

And everyone said that the Vita had it in the bag. We don't know the launch date yet, or anything else about the launch for that matter, other than the base price, who knows what that includes.

Indeed. 3.8M during the half of the year where sales are the lowest and while still being more expensive than the Wii at its launch.

Also, it only needs 22M.

HikenNoAce said:
Conegamer said:

Indeed. 3.8M during the half of the year where sales are the lowest and while still being more expensive than the Wii at its launch.

Also, it only needs 22M.

The Wii hasn't stopped selling, you know. It's sold a cool million this year so far. So it surely has another 3mil left in it yet!

It's certainly possible. Depends on how far and how fast the PS3 falls off the cliff after this year.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I don't know about PS3 (it's possible but nowhere near guaranteed) but PS4 is gonna win by default, since MS and Nintendo decided to commit mass suicide.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.