By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Long term exclusive partnership with Bungie" - SONY

MEGATON.

Early DLC. Exclusive content. Most likely in the same vein as COD early DLC. 

I think a lot of Xbox fans will try to downplay this, but its a huge steal for Sony. Who ever wouldve thought the creators of Halo would be developing for PlayStation again AND giving it exclusive preferential treatment. 

Activision/Bungie/Sony are going to advertise the hell out of this game. DESTINY will be the new Halo. 

Around the Network

I hate to say it, but I actually liked Titanfall more than Destiny, Destiny just looked like PlanetSide 2 and Borderlands.
Titanfall (is it exclusive?) looks pretty cool.

So both companies are moneyhatting. And depending on which side you stand it is better or worse. Well, I think exclusive content is not good for games, gamers and the industry, no matter who is doing it.

PullusPardus said:
I hate to say it, but I actually liked Titanfall more than Destiny, Destiny just looked like PlanetSide 2 and Borderlands.
Titanfall (is it exclusive?) looks pretty cool.

Titanfall is not exclusive. It's on PC and 360 as well. You dont even have to buy a Xbox One to play it.

Titanfall is only a timed-nextgen-console-exclusive. It's developed by EA (not microsoft) so it will come to PS4 eventually, just like Bioshock and Mass Effect did on PS3. 

destiny easily tops titanfall, though if you factor in battlefield 4 dlc and cod dlc.. then it get's kinda hard lol

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
destiny easily tops titanfall, though if you factor in battlefield 4 dlc and cod dlc.. then it get's kinda hard lol

BF4 DLC is only 1 week early.

PS3 had 1 week early DLC from BF3 and nobody cared lol

007BondAgent said:

BF4 looked great with the coop game, but single player it looked horrible, almost like Far Cry blood dragon with its lens flare.

Destiny had me more interested then Titanfall personally, and I was very critical coming in with Destiny.

Welcome aboard Bungie, I'm looking forward to the PS4's bright future.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

It's a good pickup for Sony, no question. I think it's good for Bungie as well; they've never been on a PS console before, so cultivating a fanbase on the PS4 is a must, and this will probably go a long way. I'm not sure I'd call it a megaton, though, seeing as it's probably not going to be as big as CoD, and since there will still be plenty of X1 owners who pick up the game (myself included).