By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision PR Doesn’t List Call Of Duty: Ghosts On Wii U

It will be like last year. Officially announced at a nintendo direct or maybe at e3. No need to get scared. When it is officially confirmed that it is not coming to the wii u then we can have our panic attacks

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Osc89 said:
Mr Khan said:
This subject of EA's butthurt has long been a closed matter in my mind, and we're not going to let this derail the thread.

Ok I'll drop it.

On topic, I am surprised they are skipping it. COD is normally everywhere, and it would be easier to port from PS360 to Wii U than it was to the Wii. The only thing I can think of is the Wii U seems to have some issues with DLC, and maybe they make a lot of money from that.

Thank you.

And it really makes no sense whichever way you slice it, unless the Ghosts Engine is new to both the PS360 and 4-1 versions of the game, and Infinity Ward lacked the time/resources to also put the new engine on Wii U. But if the engine is not universally new, there's really no excuse not to, since they did all the Wii U porting work with Blops II

It is a strange one. At the very least I would have waited until after E3 to decide whether or not to port to the Wii U, just to see how strong a showing they have there. Also with things like the issues around the XB1, it would be smarter to cover all the bases they can.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
Mr Khan said:

Thank you.

And it really makes no sense whichever way you slice it, unless the Ghosts Engine is new to both the PS360 and 4-1 versions of the game, and Infinity Ward lacked the time/resources to also put the new engine on Wii U. But if the engine is not universally new, there's really no excuse not to, since they did all the Wii U porting work with Blops II

It is a strange one. At the very least I would have waited until after E3 to decide whether or not to port to the Wii U, just to see how strong a showing they have there. Also with things like the issues around the XB1, it would be smarter to cover all the bases they can.

Well, if the game is coming out in November, it's not like they can decide in June and have it ready by November, unless they did a majorly rushed job. 

Of course, it is possible that Nintendo wanted this announced at their conference and are therefore agreed with Activision not to have it mentioned till then, but that seems like wishful thinking.

JWeinCom said:
Osc89 said:
Mr Khan said:

Thank you.

Well, if the game is coming out in November, it's not like they can decide in June and have it ready by November, unless they did a majorly rushed job. 

Of course, it is possible that Nintendo wanted this announced at their conference and are therefore agreed with Activision not to have it mentioned till then, but that seems like wishful thinking.

Does it take long to port a game? I don't really have any idea, so yeah they might not have the choice.

I guess we will know for sure this week, but I don't see why how letting people preorder for every other console is a good strategic move on their part. It would need some sort of special content or unique play for the announcement to have any impact, and in the meantime more people are making the decision to buy it on some other console.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

RolStoppable said:
Going to be a huge blow to the Wii U, if this is their final decision. We'll probably be looking at hundreds of units in lost hardware sales.

Looking at weekly sales that's almost significant.

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
JWeinCom said:

Does it take long to port a game? I don't really have any idea, so yeah they might not have the choice.

I guess we will know for sure this week, but I don't see why how letting people preorder for every other console is a good strategic move on their part. It would need some sort of special content or unique play for the announcement to have any impact, and in the meantime more people are making the decision to buy it on some other console.

Well, if the game is going to be released on November 5th, it would have to be completed by early october.  That would be about 4 months.  This seems awfully quick, unless the Wii U is very similar to the PS3 and XBox 360 which it doesn't seem to be.

As for preorders, I don't think that's a huge deal.  Having a week or two less preorder time than the XBone or the PS4 doesn't seem like it's all that meaningful.  The bulk of preorders are going to come in September and October anyway, so it won't be a major loss.

the_dengle said:
Last year wasn't Black Ops II not confirmed for Wii U until September?

but last year the system still didnt launch, they probably kept that as a "surprise" but now the system is on the market, they should have announced the game coming to it when they annonced it for the other systems

It must be because of the low 007 Legends sales.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The wiiu might get it if the installed base grows

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

amp316 said:
It must be because of the low 007 Legends sales.

You are probably top dog in that game considering what like a few thousand bought the game?  Is the game any good?  FPS have given me a limp dick feeling since CoD:BO.  I'm not cut out to play FPS online considering I expect myself to be #1 every game session.