By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Activision PR Doesn’t List Call Of Duty: Ghosts On Wii U

Nintendo fans should actually be quite happy that all those mainstream games wont show up on WiiU I mean the only thing they get from this is more "fake"  gamers (added to the already huge number of "casual" gamers) and the result would be more streamlined games with less brain needed to finish them.

COD 3 sold slightly better on 360 compared to Wii in 2006 (because 360 came out in 2005 and Wii in 2006 = 360 more owners)

Then they skipped Wii with ModernWarfare the most important installment of the whole franchise (it came out 2 years later but that was way to late because most Wii COD gamers moved on to PS360) that was the reason why the game never became a huge HIT in Nintendo platforms.
And with every new installment ignoring Nintendo consoles they fuck up their own situation even more and have to start from scratch establishing their IP.

I mean the most important game in the series that made it a hit was absent for 2 years and forced people to buy other systems. And then they have no constant releases for the franchise no wonder they struggle.

Why would I buy a game when I have no Idea if the sequel will come out and when I have no idea if the game will ever have a good multiplayer community etc.

Third party is full of industry idiots that calle themselves EXPERTS that forgot how the industry started. It tkaes effort hard work and time to win over new customers. Now they just see EASY MONEY vs EFFORT so they go for easy money.

Seriously if porting COD to WiiU would cost 1 million dollars and thy would just earn 500k then its still worth it because they are establishing the franchise on another console! And the next time you will earn 800k instead of 500k and the third time you wil lstart to make a profit. But they dont get it....

Just look at the sales of WiiU titles and compare it to PS360 sales. Black Ops sold 2.2x (or was it 2.5 times?) better on PS3 when you think about the copies sold VS consoles existing.

A game with no userbase on WiiU just sold half as much as the same game on system with millions of COD gamers where the franchise already established itself.

Mass Effect 3 on WiiU sold identical or even slightly better compared to PS3 even tho the WiiU version came out when the trilogy for PS360 was already announced! (again you have to see the how many games WERE sold compared to how many could be sold = number of WiiU owners then you have REAL sales numbers)

WiiU has a 22x smaller userbase than PS3 or 360 yet the games sell identical or better (Sonic Allstars) or slightly worse COD (becauase of the non existant WiiU community etc)

But whatever I and most people I know buy Sony MS and Nintendo consoles for exclusives because those are the best games.

Around the Network
Sh1nn said:

Activision, the publisher behind the immensely popular Call of Duty franchise, has issued a press release detailing the platforms that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be appearing on. The press release says that the game will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. There’s absolutely no mention of a Wii U version of the game.

Happened with a number of previous CoD releases, too - Modern Warfare 3 wasn't even confirmed to be coming to the Wii until a month after the others, and that was only because it appeared in connection with a peripheral - neither IW nor Activision would officially confirm it. It wasn't until August that they actually confirmed it. So I wouldn't read too much into it, just yet.

At the very least, wait until E3 has completed. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Nintendo have them keeping the Wii U version a secret for announcement at E3. If it hasn't shown up by the end of E3, then is the time to be concerned.

curl-6 said:
Mr Khan said:
the_dengle said:
Last year wasn't Black Ops II not confirmed for Wii U until September?

That's what i'm guessing is happening here. It would make sense, because that's basically how they've done it before, unless Nintendo bothered to promote the game like they did World @ War for E3 2008.

What with these late announcements? It's like they do everything in their power to prevent the game selling well.

In the Wii days, possibly to avoid confusing people about the game's graphics, or possibly to try to drive them towards buying the PS360 version (with possible further monetization towards DLC).

Now, however, it could be something along the lines of a moneyhat.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

amp316 said:
sethnintendo said:
amp316 said:
It must be because of the low 007 Legends sales.

You are probably top dog in that game considering what like a few thousand bought the game?  Is the game any good?  FPS have given me a limp dick feeling since CoD:BO.  I'm not cut out to play FPS online considering I expect myself to be #1 every game session.

It might have been a good game if they decided to finish it.  I am not top dog because I got bored waiting for people to show up online.

Can't be worse than that shit Walking Dead FPS Activision released!

the_dengle said:
wfz said:
RolStoppable said:
Going to be a huge blow to the Wii U, if this is their final decision. We'll probably be looking at hundreds of units in lost hardware sales.

Negative Wii U sales here we come. :(

This is interesting news. Considering Activision has consistently shunned the Wii (Wii U in this case) the way Harry Potter's parents did to him, I'm not surprised at this news. We get this *exact same thread* every single year questioning whether the next CoD is going to appear on Nintendo's console due to Activision's silence - and every year, it comes (well... most of the time).

Same old, same old.

Er... Harry's parents were dead?

Yeah! Becuase.. you know.. they're dead so.. they don't give him any attention?

... I meant his uncle and aunt. That's what I get for being in such a hurry to type the post.

Around the Network
wfz said:
the_dengle said:

Er... Harry's parents were dead?

Yeah! Becuase.. you know.. they're dead so.. they don't give him any attention?

... I meant his uncle and aunt. That's what I get for being in such a hurry to type the post.

I assumed as much. Just thought it was kind of funny.

Well. Looks like the skip WiiU on the launch of MSony plan is working for all pubs and of course the pursuit of DRM.

BLops2 was likely the last one I was going to purchase anyways.