By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS allegedly paying devs and publishers to NOT show PS4 games at E3 2013

disolitude said:
Notice how Diablo 3 was not announced for Xbox systems till now? You think Blizzard just didn't want to announce it on Xbox cause they felt like it, or cause Sony gave them an offer they couldn't refuse?

That lol

Or Blizzard thought "Sony" as a company was SOOOO passionate about gamers/gaming that they wanted to show the game and do not announce it at all for the 360. And this for free... riiiiight..

Around the Network
HesAPooka said:
Ajescent said:
HesAPooka said:

They paid spike to not air Sony's E3 last year.

Is that actually true?

Well, it's odd how how last year Sony's confrence wont be shown, but MS's will....
http://www.consolecontrollus.com/e3-2012-geoff-keighley-responds-on-why-sony-press-conference-will-not-air-on-spike

and again this year.
https://www.bungie.net/7_Spike-will-not-air-Sonyamp39s-E3-Conference/en-us/Forum/Post?id=60605236

Okay, basicaly, not true... Just rumors and conspiracy theories, thank you for confirming. At least we know.

Imaginedvl said:
disolitude said:
Notice how Diablo 3 was not announced for Xbox systems till now? You think Blizzard just didn't want to announce it on Xbox cause they felt like it, or cause Sony gave them an offer they couldn't refuse?

That lol

Or Blizzard thought "Sony" as a company was SOOOO passionate about gamers/gaming that they wanted to show the game and do not announce it at all for the 360. And this for free... riiiiight..

COD and MS...?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Rather than just invest in offering a better product than the competition, they've decided to try and hide their competition from the public and deceive consumers? Classic Microsoft.

Assuming this is true, ofc.

If you believe this as is, then you're part of the problem on the internet.

Around the Network

Imagindvl please make 1-2 posts. No need to flood the whole thread every time you think of something to say.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Mr Puggsly said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Oh Microshaft, relying on dirty tricks to get one over Sony. The worst thing is that the general gamer won't know anything about this. Since they don't visit sites like this. Microsoft is afraid of Sony.

Why is this a dirty trick?

It sounds like MS is just paying companies to advertise their games only on their console. Isn't that common practice nowadays?

It's not about advertisement but destroying the competition so intentions are pretty lethal and low.

They want to use money under the table instead the real competition.

disolitude said:
Nem said:

I can smell the desperation on Microsoft. They have only themselves and their greed to blame.

BluGamer23 said:
ha!... this is war!.. how will sony respond?..

You know how Sony could respond in the most effective way? At the end of their conference they say: "We have listened to our fans and there will be no DRM on the PS4!"

BOOM! Full bullseye in Microsofts face.

Hard drive installs and no DRM! Video game pirates will breathe a huge sigh of relief when they do announce this...

Hell, Ill get a Ps4 then for sure. It will be like good old days with PS2 and HD Loader.

With all the DRM and anti-consumer policies, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the hackers turn their attention towards the Xbox One, first.

@ OP

If this is true, then I think MS is getting worried.  I'm guessing many didn't bite, though, as Sony is showing off 40+ titles there.  I'm guessing at least 15-20 are for the PS4.

disolitude said:

Having an exclusive on the console is other thing but paying with intentions to destroy the competition is another.

Here they are  not buying exclusives but paying to stop the companies to appear at E3 according to the Gaf.

freedomland said:
disolitude said:

Having an exclusive on the console is other thing but paying with intentions to destroy the competition is another.

Here they are  not buying exclusives but paying to stop the companies to appear at E3 according to the Gaf.

Huh? Diablo 3 isnt a ps3 console exclusive...xbox 360 version is coming out the exact same day. But if you watch the Sony conference you will think it totally is Sony only.