By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS allegedly paying devs and publishers to NOT show PS4 games at E3 2013

Nem said:

I can smell the desperation on Microsoft. They have only themselves and their greed to blame.

BluGamer23 said:
ha!... this is war!.. how will sony respond?..

You know how Sony could respond in the most effective way? At the end of their conference they say: "We have listened to our fans and there will be no DRM on the PS4!"

BOOM! Full bullseye in Microsofts face.

Hard drive installs and no DRM! Video game pirates will breathe a huge sigh of relief when they do announce this...

Hell, Ill get a Ps4 then for sure. It will be like good old days with PS2 and HD Loader.

Around the Network

MS = Business done right

This is a very smart business strategy on MS part, most consumers are not hardcore gamers, and this will create the illusion that Xbox has more exclusives giving them the upper hand in the market.

For those who think this low, a dirty trick, or MS is scared no its called business.

Mr Puggsly said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

People shouldn't be fooled. I don't want to see a muiltiplat be advertised as a "exclusive".

Neither do I. Sony does it and so does MS, but it seems like you're just attacking MS.

Furthermore, I notice you said this. "Microsoft is afraid of Sony."

Well you shouldn't underestimate your competition. Remember what happen when Sony underestimated the 360? Cost them billions I believe.

Yes, that I did. It cost them a lot of money too. But to me thought there  seems to be a role reverseal or something.

disolitude said:

Hard drive installs and no DRM! Video game pirates will breathe a huge sigh of relief when they do announce this...

Yes, because online multiplayer, DLC and digital download exclusives arent enough to turn anyone away from piracy. Did you see alot of piracy this gen on the xbox 360 and PS3? I sure didnt. Everytime something happens they just come up with a firmware update to solve it. Dont want to update? No content for you. I think its been pretty effective.

Lets be honest though, this isnt about piracy. Its about used games, whose property isnt theirs to apropriate of. The pirate here is microsoft.

Eeeehhhh, I'm willing to give MS the benefit of the doubt on this one. This just sounds like someone (not saying it's the OP) was looking for something else bad to say about MS.

Around the Network
Nem said:
disolitude said:

Yes, because online multiplayer, DLC and digital download exclusives arent enough to turn anyone away from piracy. Did you see alot of piracy this gen on the xbox 360 and PS3? I sure didnt. Everytime something happens they just come up with a firmware update to solve it. Dont want to update? No content for you. I think its been pretty effective.

Lets be honest though, this isnt about piracy. Its about used games, whose property isnt theirs to apropriate of. The pirate here is microsoft.

Oh man if you only knew. MS brick over a million consoles for piracy alone in 2009.

HesAPooka said:

They paid spike to not air Sony's E3 last year.

Is that actually true?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
HesAPooka said:

Is that actually true?

Makes sense doesn't it?

Ajescent said:
HesAPooka said:

Is that actually true?

Well, it's odd how how last year Sony's confrence wont be shown, but MS's will....
http://www.consolecontrollus.com/e3-2012-geoff-keighley-responds-on-why-sony-press-conference-will-not-air-on-spike

and again this year.
https://www.bungie.net/7_Spike-will-not-air-Sonyamp39s-E3-Conference/en-us/Forum/Post?id=60605236

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Hmm...I guess we can't 100% say this is true, yes the signs are there but still...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?