By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS allegedly paying devs and publishers to NOT show PS4 games at E3 2013

Gotta love rumors.........

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:

Yes, that I did. It cost them a lot of money too. But to me thought there  seems to be a role reverseal or something.

I don't see how there is a role reversal.

The only thing that changed is Sony now looks at MS as a real threat. MS's aggressiveness shows they still don't underestimated Sony.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ajescent said:
Hmm...I guess we can't 100% say this is true, yes the signs are there but still...

Well no one is going to openly come out and admit it, but it's painfully obvious it's true. It's the same sort of behaviour that happened during the GOP election.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Mr Puggsly said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yes, that I did. It cost them a lot of money too. But to me thought there  seems to be a role reverseal or something.

I don't see how there is a role reversal.

The only thing that changed is Sony now looks at MS as a real threat. MS's aggressiveness shows they still don't underestimated Sony.

I'm talking about...Yeah you're right. I was gonna say that Ms was acting like Sony of 2005-ish

E3 is a couple of days away but the rumor machine knows no different. Lol, rumors.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

what a pathetic and childish company... paying to not air sony. i did not even know that and always wondered why spike wouldn't air sony press conferences.

HesAPooka said:

While this is just a rumor it should come as no surprise as they paid spike to not air Sony's E3 last year. Actions like these pretty much confirm that Microsoft knows that Sony has the upper hand and they are scared. 

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Paying-Third-Party-Publishers-to-Not-Show-PS4-Games-at-E3-2013-Report-359264.shtml

Kind of like when Sony use to pay secret shoppers to go into game stores and ask about Sega systems.  If the sales person tried to steer the secret shopper to a PlayStation instead, they could win something.  While no one knew who the secret shopper were, the fact that Sony was doing it was well known to the point that sales people in game stores would talk trash about the Sega systems to anyone who asked.  I had a friend that was the store manager of a local Electronic Boutique that confirmed this with me.  There was rumors of big vacation packages being part of the gifts given out.

Or like when Sony paid Funcoland a bunch of money to put huge promotional displays for the PS2 at their entrances during the launch of the Dreamcast.  Thing is, the PS2 was still a full year off, wasn't fully finalized at that time and they didn't even have the price set on it yet.

This is just business as usual.

Stop hating and start playing.

Nem said:
disolitude said:

Hard drive installs and no DRM! Video game pirates will breathe a huge sigh of relief when they do announce this...

Yes, because online multiplayer, DLC and digital download exclusives arent enough to turn anyone away from piracy. Did you see alot of piracy this gen on the xbox 360 and PS3? I sure didnt. Everytime something happens they just come up with a firmware update to solve it. Dont want to update? No content for you. I think its been pretty effective.

Lets be honest though, this isnt about piracy. Its about used games, whose property isnt theirs to apropriate of. The pirate here is microsoft.

Yeah I dont think you realize the effects piracy has had on all 3 consoles, Wii and 360 specifically... check out GModz.ca to see the current latest and geatest on piracy. But yeah, im not going to lie and say used games dont play a role here too. Publishers certanly want to be looped on to the used games reselling process. Its their content that is being resold and everyone but them is making money doing it...

With that said, Im a little dissapointed that microsoft is allowing "authorized" resellers to buy and trade games to be honest. Unless its very easy to become "authorized" for all resellers... I dislike the fact that the likes of Gamestop are getting special treatment. They should have just said that every game can be resold by whoever owns it but a 10 dollar activation fee needs to be paid when a buyer attempts to reinstall a used game. That fee would go to publishers and Gamestop couldnt ask for 5 bucks less for a used game because that would make a used game 5 dollars more than a new game when its registered.

Notice how Diablo 3 was not announced for Xbox systems till now? You think Blizzard just didn't want to announce it on Xbox cause they felt like it, or cause Sony gave them an offer they couldn't refuse?

HesAPooka said:

While this is just a rumor it should come as no surprise as they paid spike to not air Sony's E3 last year. Actions like these pretty much confirm that Microsoft knows that Sony has the upper hand and they are scared. 

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-Paying-Third-Party-Publishers-to-Not-Show-PS4-Games-at-E3-2013-Report-359264.shtml

Bold: Yah right; I do not see what is "confirming" anything... First these are complete rumors and even if it is true, what is wrong with that?

Also, talking of having the head in the sand, you really believe Sony did not the same? Like Blizzard for Diablo 3 or Destiny?

You may believe otherwise but this is perfectly normal and Sony is more than certainly doing the same.