By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Details: Clarification for the Haters

Are you happy with Microsoft's (and mine) clarifications?

Yes, no longer worried at all! 43 7.88%

Somewhat happy, but still could be better. 49 8.97%

Somewhat not happy, I ren... 37 6.78%

No, I still think Microsoft is evil! 417 76.37%

Total:546

When I buy a physical console game I expect it to work any time, anywhere, with or without internet, now or in 20 years without restrictions or being subject to policy changes. Simple.
No game ownership, no point in buying the console.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
I sense that straw men have invaded the poll options.

Straw men have invaded the "problems" as well. Read how stupid they seem and how easily they're knocked down by the solutions.

And yet the bigger problems remain undiscussed. Issues of game ownership, of unnecessary cost, of the silence on whether the games will be fun.

Even in the title he calls anyone who has a problem with it a "hater". We struck down Adam Orth and he became more powerful than we could possibly imagine.

crissindahouse said:

that is your explanation why you have a problem with xbox one? that you would have to connect to the internet at your friends house if you visit him more than 24 hours? (otherwise just connect at your home for 10 seconds before you visit him) and even when you could still use your mobile connection for that?

so, 30 seconds more "work" are the deal breaker for you?  i read a lot of concerns but that is really one i don't get. i mean, therefore you only have to take your consoel with you and not all the games. i would think 30 seoncds more work but therefore less to carry doesn't sound too bad.

Yes. I could have said "Well, what happens if Microsoft go out of bussiness and closes its severs? What do I do with my games when there's no check-in, then?" or "Remember, original Xbox games lasted 8 years. Then the servers went out, but the games were still playable. What's with the One, then?". But heck no. Why do I have to put up with 30 seconds more work is my concern, and I stand still.

If you don't like my concerns, I'm sorry then.

I quote myself FTW.

"And still there will be some people who try to defend this policy."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5405093

crissindahouse said:
btw something i just thought about, how does my console know that 24 hours are over? is that something in the xbox system? isn't that super easy to hack so that the "counter" believes an year is an hour or something?

ps3/360 have an internal clock that differs from the ones you can see. It's how the ps3 keeps track of your ps+ subs and stuff.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Why are we compromising?! why? Xbox fans have the power to make demands, not just compromise!

All of these new "features" are just an inconvenience to the consumer and ways to make sure we play their little game. They dictate how we play, exactly who can borrow our games, etc. Just let me use my console however the fuck I please (unless it is used in literally illegal ways, piracy, etc)

The console SHOULD work without all of this bullshit. It is unnecessary and we should not have to bend over to every one of MS's whims and quirks. I bought the console, I bought the game, I dictate what I want to do with it. If I want to sell it, trade it, gift it, burn it ( i mean literally set it on fire, not make copies of it) , and more, I should be able to. Who the fuck are you to tell me what I can and can't do with MY game? Goddamn it MS, why? The xbox brand has so many loyal fans, die hard fans who love the games, the Live features, etc and this is how you treat them?

Yes, you can find ways around some of this and loopholes, but you can't justify it. You just can't! As always, for the record, the same goes for sony the minute they announce similar policies. I will not be buying a next gen console if that's how they want to play this.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

nightsurge said:

Used Games

• The Xbox One allows games to be traded in/given away, with no fee. To trade them in requires a participating retailer. They are, however, leaving details up to publishers.
  • The Haters: But I can't sell them myself on ebay!
  • The Solution: This is one of the minor issues that doesn't really have a solution. But I also see this as a minor issue to begin with. If you are selling the game to someone you know, they just need to be on your friends list for 30 days. Then you would take their money and give them your game. This is something that could easily be changed/modified later.

Also do not forget that you can only resell a game once. It can never be sold again after that.

All sales final?

Edit- Seems I read it wrong. The one-time thing was about giving a game to a friend.

It's all very confusing. Still, I can't sell privately on eBay or Craigslist. 

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

crissindahouse said:
btw something i just thought about, how does my console know that 24 hours are over? is that something in the xbox system? isn't that super easy to hack so that the "counter" believes an year is an hour or something?

I'm pretty sure it's determined by the last time the system made a call to a MS server. Can't (easily) hack that.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

You need to add a poll for me that says something like:

"I didn't need any clarification. I know how digital distribution works and find Microsoft's DRM solution clear and acceptable"...or something along those lines.

I think you started on the wrong foot by calling people with legitimate concerns haters.

This is an attack on your right of property. Are you a hater when you protect your property from thieves? Can i have your stuff? You're a hater if you dont let me have it. Alas, you dont put out a fire by throwing more flames into it.