By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How To Spot A Viral Marketer In The Gaming Community

Carl2291 said:

I got one, guys! I got one in my thread!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5407624

ms_shill_2501 said:
What alot of noise.... I implore everyone, please don't panic. While it is true that Microsoft has made a couple of mistakes in the online structure of this, otherwise incredible piece of tech, rest assured steps are being taken to mitigate some of these perceived anti-consumer tactics. Microsoft has always prided itself on creating quality products for it's consumers. When the next generation of consoles arrives, hopefully you, the consumer, will make the correct choice. X marks the spot!

I am no way affiliated with Microsoft or it's brand(s)

OMG  he said don't panic, I see a patern here!!!

I'll try getting some work at Sony Store in Warsaw this holiday season, since most of my electronics are from them, so why not they would finally give me some cash, plus employee's discounts As of now I'm only a pitiful fanboy, not getting paid... ;-(

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
VGKing said:
MB1025 said:
VGKing said:
NeoGaf is banning dozens of Microsoft defenders today. The funny thing is that now that I see someone defending Microsofts policies I automatically assume they are working on Reputation Management. Just studying the ones who got banned you can tell if they are working for MS if:
-They are defending anti-consumer policies
-They say something along of "stop whining" or "this is the future, get used to it"
-They say Sony is doing it to, Sony is not your white knight.
-They bump negative Sony threads

LOL.

So now it turns into if anyone likes the Xbox One we must be on the payroll.

Anyone stop and think that

1. People don't trade in games

2. People don't have internet problems.

I know it sucks for people who don't have internet or likes to trade in games, but I am not going to sit here and bash or not defend something that doesn't effect me on a personal level. 

I have charter internet in the south east part of the Untied States. I don't have a cap on my internet and I pay for their 30mbps package. The only thing higher is 100mbps.

So why is it all of sudden ALL people are lumped into this group. Especially by you who fit all these descriptions just from the other side of the fence?

Fanboys will definitely be scrutinzed further now. This is just another reason to ban them. Fanboys whether paid or not aren't necessary in a forum. Someone who is unreasonable adds nothing to the community.

So fanboys don't have any right to post on a forum according to you?

fanboys are part and parcel. Remember fan means "fanatic". Banning "fanboys" would mean sapping a lot of enthusiam from the forum.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Slimebeast said:

I think this is a myth. Viral marketers are extremely rare on forums, except for the occasional post here and there perhaps.

The reason is simply that allowing someone with an actual full salary to be posting on forums is not effective enough. No one can be persuasive enough to make a difference to the degree that it pays said person's salary. Especially not in an ocean of dedicated fans and fanboys who passionately work for their companies for absolutely free.

Really?  how many times have you read, "I'm through with Microsoft as a Console" from one that had no intention of ever buying an Xbox.  It several active users have been tediously posting this since the PS4 reveal.

Although, you might be right, they might just be doing the service for free.  Most people I know that have worked with Sony don't feel that way about them.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

darkknightkryta said:
disolitude said:
TruckOSaurus said:

deadly2choke's comment came off as "disolitude is way too much on Microsoft's side, he must be a viral marketer paid by them" which is an insult to a fellow member. There's a slight chance that deadly actually thought disolitude worked for MS so that's why I didn't go straight to a ban here.

Wish I did work for Microsoft. They pay 10-20K more per yea for the same job I do right now.

@deadly2choke

I should feel offended, but I'm not for some reason. Probably because you clearly don't understand what a viral marketer is and what he would do on a website like this.

@TruckOSaurus

I do not work for an advertising firm...Can we all stop pretending we know things we heard thoguht a grapewine.

That was actually me :(.  I remember in one thread, I think about a thread where MS was selling some advertising arm they spent billions on.  I recall you mentioning something about where you work having to do with marketting. 

I do deal with advertising but not for an advertising company. My work is primarily from a technical perspective...executions and delivery for various clients and projects. I have absolutely nothing to do with social media marketing and Viral campaign promotions...that's Jeffs team on the 10th floor. :P

Joking aside, in a span of a week I will work and deal with 10 different advertisers. In fact just today I was working on a Sony advertising campaign and microsite for their new 4K Ultra HD TV with a "Triluminos Display". I guess Sony owns my soul now... :) 

Around the Network
MB1025 said:

Fanboys should be investigated accordingly to make sure they are not working for a corporation. Especially now when these new consoles are about to launch and these viral marketers are all over the place.

....I wonder if all those people who make funny Doritos pope jokes on Geoff are actually people that work like this.

I mean. I actually want Doritos when people do that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

VGKing said:
MB1025 said:

Fanboys should be investigated accordingly to make sure they are not working for a corporation. Especially now when these new consoles are about to launch and these viral marketers are all over the place.

and people complain about microsoft's privacy politics... 

VGKing said:
MB1025 said:

Some of you people take this stuff so seriously...its borderline creepy. 

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:
NiKKoM said:
Having worked with viral marketers.. They are much smarter then the fanboys and wouldn't be caught that easily.. They won't act as insane fanboys.. (sure there will be always an exception..)They get paid to be smarter then an average forum member.. And if people think they are on a forum as small as vgchartz that just insane.. Viral marketers are much more active on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter or more mainstream sites.. This site ain't worth it with 200 active members.

A likely story. For scum, that is.

I ask the cop to investigage Nikkom tonight, and further ask for doctor protection tonight.

*facepalm*

How stupid of you to drop a hint to your role. But I guess now I have no choice but to keep you save tonight.

vote: Rol

Oh, no reason