By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you want to leave, have left, or are thinking about leaving this site?- This thread has helped fix the database, you can all thank our one and only game admin now!

KHlover said:
JayWood2010 said:

For the people wondering no it was not Rudisha or Jay.  However I did not know he had  a Tyler Durden avatar.  And it is one of the usual prospects who follows me in every thread that I make to accuse me of my hidden agendas.

Nonono, don't get it wrong. You were the one who had a Tyler Durden avatar. I'm certain you know the rumor of Rudisha being your alt. You know the movie better than me, so you should get what I'm trying to say.

No i did not know that rumor.  Jay125 or whatever his name was Rudisha and got banned for it

Around the Network

Now that I'm in college, I don't seem to have as much free time, and I play way less video games and keep less up to date on news. I don't have as much time to play as I used to. So instead of using my time talking about games, I play them. :(

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Never thought about leaving myself, but the widespread negativity on this site makes me realize why others would consider it. It's easy to stay away from topics regarding consoles and companies that you never intended to support anyway. But apparently some people prefer hating on fans and products of their favorite company's rivals, and spread their negativity in hopes that Playstation fans will buy Xboxes and Xbox fans will buy Playstations, etc. That, or they are having a hard time convincing themselves that they have made the right purchase(s). Either way, it's pathetic.

Thankfully, these users tend to get banned on a regular basis. Though there are a few exceptions.

pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Getting banned for saying certain things about Sony, but others don't when talking about Nintendo/Microsoft although it's the same way of complaining about the company. I even prepared an article about this and it's still on my computer; about why I'm pretty mad at the moderators of this site. But I calmed down a bit and I think this site is fun. But it's the moderators of this site I can't deal with. They seem pretty biased towards Sony (I have proof of this) and you're not supposed to be that on a neutral gaming site.

Please provide it.

That would be against the rules and what you're doing is called baiting.

While baiting a ban is not against the rules, it's one cocky thing to do.

happydolphin said:
pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:
Getting banned for saying certain things about Sony, but others don't when talking about Nintendo/Microsoft although it's the same way of complaining about the company. I even prepared an article about this and it's still on my computer; about why I'm pretty mad at the moderators of this site. But I calmed down a bit and I think this site is fun. But it's the moderators of this site I can't deal with. They seem pretty biased towards Sony (I have proof of this) and you're not supposed to be that on a neutral gaming site.

Please provide it.

That would be against the rules and what you're doing is called baiting.

While baiting a ban is not against the rules, it's one cocky thing to do.

I don't see how that is baiting. If he can provide a solid proof he claims to have for all of us to see. What is wrong with that. If a wrong was done than it would be corrected. Otherwise making such claims doesn't really help him or the site. 

Around the Network
pezus said:

Huh? Which rule is that?

Why would explaining why he thinks they're Sony biased be against the rules while just saying that they are...isn't? 

Usually if you say something controversial or "out there", it's better to actually explain. Otherwise it could be misunderstood.

I'm not sure it's black on white in the rules, but from one of tads' latest announcement threads there was mention of keeping mod criticism out of threads that weren't marked for that (monthly ban thread and other threads made for that).

So, asking him to give proof as to why one mod may be Sony biased could get him banned pretty much.

If you weren't aware then that's ok.

Euphoria14 said:
I think about leaving because I never win the "VGC Most Popular User" competitions. I am convinced that shit is rigged.

Take it back.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

LilChicken22 said:

Busted!  If you look at my game collection you will see that I only own Sony systems. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Stealth and real trolling

I love gaming and find it shameful that people that like gaming just can't get together and talk gaming without certain people committed to taking all of the fun out of it by doing the above.

I've been more or less done with this site for awhile now. I'll pop in on occasion to see how badly things have deteriorated, it's obvious that the old guard that made this site enjoyable back in the Nintendomination days has long since left for greener pastures. Couple this with consistently inaccurate sales data, crummy forum discussions, abrasive and insufferable shills like Kowenicki and his ilk and news that can be obtained quicker from other outlets, and you have all the necessary elements for a site circling the drain and waiting for the big flush. Gaf provides everything I need from a VG site, including timely news.

This user has been banned for this post - yo_john117