By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do you want to leave, have left, or are thinking about leaving this site?- This thread has helped fix the database, you can all thank our one and only game admin now!

kowenicki and pezus.

the way their quarrel finds its way into every thread and derails them is just so boring.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Wright said:
axumblade said:

spurgeonryan

:P

---

User was moderated for this post and for being Sony biased. 

~tads12

I agree...this is bullshit....

It would be nice occasionally to see peoples frustration about a perceived bias treated with something other than utter contempt.  Its very easy to always blame the user for being at fault but there are issues with consistency and interpretation of the rules on this site at times but they just get swept under the carpet.  I have raised some concerns via pm which were dealt with respectably even if I didn't agree with the outcome, surely advising people to share their thoughts in this matter is preferable to ridiculing them thus making the victim complex worse for that user.

I understand these posts were jokes but this does happen all the time (in my experience at least).  The monthly ban thread was a excellent addition by the way towards adding some transparency and to alleviate a lot of the biased complaints so hats off for that.

I tend to stop posting as often when the more negative fans come out trolling threads.  I'll try and stick to the genuine fan threads over E3 but unfortunately some overspill always makes the threads a chore to read.  It happened at all the console reveals and it'll happen E3 week.  I find a week or two off means I notice its the same annoying offenders as much.

This site literally steals almost every story on GAF, so what is the point of coming here.
I read an article from Gaf and couple hours its on here. No point of getting new information here anymore, but i been coming here since 06 so i feel like i can't just leave 100%

enditall727 said:

Who sent those PM's?

Rudisha?  

i came for the sales tracking, which is the same reason i've stayed. the site its self is not a problem, and it's the usual suspects that get into those petty arguements that no one has time for.

but in the end, i've become attached to this site, and its users, so it's so easy to leave.

Around the Network

@RAcCoOnErOuS all sites still from eachother at some point.

I left IGN and Gamespot because of the Console Wars mentality that was so prevalent at those sites in 2007. As is customary now, all everyone wanted to do was label Nintendo a continued failure and highlight the success of Sony and the breakout Microsoft as prime examples.

Generally intrigued by the matchup that would ensue once the Revolution was announced I sought a site that, like Box Office Mojo, would put an actual score on the results, minus the hysterical rants of rabid fanboys. Much to my surprise, a fledgling forum also existed in a form I can only describe as a 1995 internet throwback. It was quaint, simple, and mostly non-combative. The few trolls that lurked around were quickly acknowledged as being trolls and were kept at non-feeding distance generally.

I met quite a few people on here whom I considered good friends. Interesting folk with solid opinions; they were passionate, but not pushy. They understood that the world is full of great ideas, but taht not all of them were for everyone.

Any number of things took me off the site, including a stronger focus in my own life on the "real world" as well as a distaste for the petty bickering that derails so many threads around here. Then there's also the fact that as a primarily Wii owner, the loss of support for the Duct-Taped Gamecube resulted in a lack of enthusiasm or the HD war between the nearly identical versions of Call of Duty that have come to be known as hardcore gaming in gaming circles.

I still lurk, swing by to see if certain news causes ripples, and await a new renaissance of intellectual discourse on this site, but I never stick around long enough to see if it exists. That's certainly a failure on my part.

I'll always love this site and all the work that Brett and the staff do here. Unfortunately it's just not what it used to be, but then again, I'm not really who I used to be either. I am thankful that enough people still participate to keep this community alive, like a town I used to grow up in that's always fun to return to to see what changes have been made.

happydolphin said:
enditall727 said:

Who sent those PM's?

Rudisha?  

Plausible. His avatar was Tyler Durden for quite some time afterall :P

I thought about leaving a while back, due to the forums generally being full of spam and shit to go along with the petty arguments and trolling. Im on a couple of other forums under different names, so I would always have somewhere else to go.

I changed my mind though, and decided to try make the forums a better place. I have been here too ling to just "drop" it. I like to think I succeeded on one thing, though thats for another thread...

LiquorandGunFun said:
just saying something someone doesnt like and get a ban. i went from everyday to once in awhile every few days. Mainly around thursday for the updates. I spend more time on other sites not so ban happy.

Same.  Though, I've only been banned twice.  Both really petty reasons that aren't remotely close to being a problem in the slightest sense.  The first time was because I failed to quote the  person I was replying to, and for some reason it was deemed grounds for banning.  The 2nd was a simple fact I'd stated, but, I'm not going to get into that.

After the 1st time, I told myself I'd not post but a single time in a thread unless it was my own.  Everyone started complaining about people leaving, so I quit doing that, but, I still don't post very often anymore.  I don't really have an urge to post anyway, so, if I'm logged out, I'm not going to sign in again for another few weeks, or longer.

I used to play games online, even administered on one of the servers.  Very fequently, people did argue and swear at each other.  I, nor anyone else were supposed to say anything to the people bickering, and swearing at each other, unless threats were exchanged.  It's simply what people do online.  Play a game on 360, or PS3.  People argue, they swear, they talk smack to each other, that's why it was all fair-game when it happened on those servers.

No big deal, and that's the mentality people had, and everything was cool.  No, you couldn't spam swear words, or you would be silenced for a few hours (still allowed to play in most cases).  But, I'm just from a thicker skinned place, and I don't see how some of you people can get so offended, then turn around and get online with your console without reporting everyone you meet to microsoft, sony and nintendo.

I don't think I've ever reported anyone before.  Here, or anywhere.  Toughen up a little.