By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you own Xbox 360 now, will you get an Xbox One at Launch?

If you own a Xbox 360 now, will you buy a Xbox One within 24 months of launch

Yes, I will buy "ONE" 30 19.61%

No, I will switch to PS4 ... 24 15.69%

No, I will switch to PC only 3 1.96%

No, I will switch to Wii U 9 5.88%

No, I wil get Wii+PS4 +/- PC 17 11.11%

Wait for E3 to see if they change DRM rule. 16 10.46%

I do not own X360, let me see result. 54 35.29%

Total:153

Looking like a PS4 day on buy only this gen. I'll wait for massive discounts on XONE and WiiU

X360 pretty much turned into a Halo system for me because all the 'exclusive' and non-exclusive RPGs still ended up on the PS4. Which will be good cause ill be saving money not paying for XBOX Live which I never use.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

I never buy consoles at launch and also I will not be able to afford supporting it or really have time for it. I might get one at the end of the gen but I want to hear more details first.

Own a 360, its great.

Won't buy the Xbox One, We don't have, or ever will have a console in the living room.

The consoles reside in the games room.

I'm undecided currently. After E3 I will make my decision.

nvm

Around the Network

most xbox owners will not get one at launch, i predict a more balance fazed in swap over to the new consoles. same goes for ps4, theres no chance all budgets will be shifted as this just backfires

i predict running into latter stages of 2014 more and more will jump in if you will! as 2013 all major releases will be on 360 anyway

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I don't play my 360 much anymore, so I was leaning to the ps4 already since I'm definitely not buying both systems near launch. However if xbox stays with it's current plans I'll postpone it's purchase until a slim revision with cheap digital games is a reality. I'm not paying $60 for a game I don't get to own.

Goatseye said:
What is it that most of the gloom and doom threads here are about Xbox and Nintendo (never seen PlayStation here) and most of them if not all, are started by PS fans? I should make a thread about this probably, just to read on some justification for this; because I read a lot of gaming news and pessimism is a pattern mostly on Sony enthusiasts.

Bro this happens to them all. I believe you just ignored the Sony phases. Usually the Sony doom and gloom threads are started by.. Wait for it.. MS AND NINTENDO guys =O!

but seriously its just a phase that happens to all 3.

okr said:
No, but not because it's incredibly ugly (which it is), but because I'm currently tired of MS - and Sony for that matter. TPS, FPS, sports and racing games, that's all these two companies seem to care about at launches.

PC, Wii U, 3DS for me in the next years. Maybe I'll get another MS and/or Sony console down the line, but at the moment I'm not interested.

What did you think about The Witness? I've always noticed that you seem to have good taste in games or atleast the type of games you like are similar to mine.

You're missing an option:

"No, but I will get an Xbox One sometime after launch."

That's where I am right now (and that's where I would be even if there were no restrictions on used games or anything like that).