By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you own Xbox 360 now, will you get an Xbox One at Launch?

If you own a Xbox 360 now, will you buy a Xbox One within 24 months of launch

Yes, I will buy "ONE" 30 19.61%

No, I will switch to PS4 ... 24 15.69%

No, I will switch to PC only 3 1.96%

No, I will switch to Wii U 9 5.88%

No, I wil get Wii+PS4 +/- PC 17 11.11%

Wait for E3 to see if they change DRM rule. 16 10.46%

I do not own X360, let me see result. 54 35.29%

Total:153

@enditall727:
The Witness? Looks like Myst in 1080P and I hate Myst and all its successors/derivates with a passion.
(Of course this doesn't mean it will be a bad game by default - au contraire, some reviewers will probably praise it as hysterically as Braid, just because it's from the same developer - but it means there's a high chance I won't like it. So far it looks like another one of those Myst-like games in an empty world.)
Graphic adventures games imo should have "handdrawn" graphics and be made in 3rd person perspective, like anything LucasArts (R.I.P.) or the 4 examples in my sig.

Around the Network

Nope, only because I haven't bought a console at launch since the GC, and I doubt i ever will again from now on. Too expensive, not enough games, and too many problems at launch. Going to wait at least a year before I decide to pick up any of the three next-gen consoles.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

At the moment, no. I'm perfectly happy with my Xbox 360 but unless Microsoft impresses at E3 there's no chance of me buying the Xbox One.

I doubt I'll even buy a PS4 at launch, it depends on how E3 goes. I'll make my decision by then. Definitely will have either the PS4 or Xbox One by the end of the year. I've already put £500 aside for a next gen console + games, leaning on PS4 based on everything we know so far (not much) so it does depend solely on what exclusive AAA games are coming out during both consoles 1st year and whether all this online DRM and used game nonsense is actually happening.

I got a 360 mainly for the exclusive JRPGs and Rare's games, with Halo and Gears being an added bonus. While I love Halo's multiplayer, I'm certain that the Xbox One won't have any exclusive JRPGs and Rare's games will be for Kinect, so yeah, not buying it for sure.

I'll get one, before a Halo launch and pick up a Halo special edition console. - Done it for every Halo game thus far.

Also, would buy one ASAP if Killer Instinct, Freelancer or Perfect Dark was announced and/or released.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Farsala said:
No, I do not plan on getting any console at launch or in launch window.

I'm close to this too (an Other category?), but even more so I think it's WAY too early to say.  I haven't seen enough about the games coming to form an opinion that matters.

Nope, I'm just sticking to my Wii u and PC. I "might" get a PS4 if they follow the trend and implement similar DRM. But as of now just my Wii U and PC (for warcraft III)

Microsoft was pretty much perfect for me until 2009 (360 and W7), then they lost the focus, released kinect and W8 and now I feel like I'm not the costumer they want anymore.

Yah I noticed my answer and question does not match up completely, i dont want to fix it now bc already got so many votes. U can assume to say "Yes I will get one within first 2 years"

This got spinned as a Xbox doom and gloom thread? It's a open ended forum with an open ended question, if the Yes is like 99%....would you still think it's a doom and gloom thread?

The pool reflects opinion of "CURRENT" xbox users and their purchasing intent on this forum only, thats what the threat is about guys..not to target at any particular group. U can easily make one saying Current PS3 owners which one will you buy based on current info. I probably make another after E3 and see if there is a shift in opinions.

Wish you put in a "see results" option. As a non-360-owner I'm kinda curious but I don't want to upset the poll. :P