By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic: Lost Worlds trailer

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
I was not really that impressed. thought it was going to be an open world exploration game. With flying and whatnot.

Would not count it out just yet. Iizuka(Sonic Team lead) said he wanted to change the structure of Sonic games. The way you progress. Also from tease image alot of noticed that way the world is designed may lend itself to open world. Like a revamp of Action and adventure scense.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
looks pretty great but I couldn't tell where the actually gameplay started and where the super duper swooping camera angles ended...ya no? I'll be waiting to see some actualy gameplay before giving my complete opinion

Anything that was not CGI was gameplay. More than half the trailer was gameplay

For some reason the thing that stood out was the figure 8 running... but it looks great to me :)

spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:
spurgeonryan said:
I was not really that impressed. thought it was going to be an open world exploration game. With flying and whatnot.

REally? I never thought that was going to happen, Sonic does not lend himself well to that kind of game.

I agree that he does not, but they just need the right mix and you never know. I do like Sonics sense of speed, but just think of what a perfectly executed open world Sonic game could do. Not like some of the areas in the CG and other versions. Those were executed bad.

THey could barely get it to work in those old 3d SOnic games, the camera only was a pain, you expect to get it right in an open world setting? I envy your optisim. BUt im not seeing it. I would buy that day1 with whatever system its for(minus Xbone), if it worked.

The trailer was a letdown for me to be honest :( It looks to kiddy. More kiddy than usual Sonic games.

The trailer starts with the 6bad guys coming out of nowhere to attack small animals... Reminds me of Mario games where it always start with Bowser coming out of nowhere to kidnap Peach. I'm afraid this game will be to kiddy with a crappy story such as ''6 bad guys came to do missdeads. We don't know why, they just do, so Sonic needs to save the day!''. I hope I'm wrong tho. Also those 6bad guys growling and doing their evil laughs like they were straight from a cartoon for 8years old did'nt do it for me at all.

That game has to much of a skylander feel to me. And sadly everything from that trailer points me into thinking that that game has been made to attract that Skylander crowd, wich we all know are 8year olds.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
pezus said:
Looking good. Makes me wish for a port... ;o

Well, it has a 3DS version also being made from the ground up. There both the same game, just different system.

If I can convert 2D into 3D for Home Console gaming by the time I go to get this game, then I will get e Wii U version, otherwise I will get the 3DS version.

You can convert GameCube games & 7th Gen Home Console games into 3D too. I'm not sure about N64 because it might look like flat prices of cardboard with space in between them like the PS2 & Xbox does.

This thread needs moar figure 8 GIFs!

Anyways, all this awesome Sonic news...

spurgeonryan said:
oniyide said:

THey could barely get it to work in those old 3d SOnic games, the camera only was a pain, you expect to get it right in an open world setting? I envy your optisim. BUt im not seeing it. I would buy that day1 with whatever system its for(minus Xbone), if it worked.

But when was the last time we have seen a big game that has camera problems anymore? Didn't that era of bad development end with the PS2 and Dreamcast? I have not noticed bad camera work in a while myself. time to give it another try.

well of course most companies know what they are doing. But im not talking about those guys im talking about Sonic Team in general. SOnic 06 was the last full 3d Sonic and that had TERRIBLE cameras, horrid. In there defense they did rush it out the door, but even Unleased had some bad cameras. YOur idea is kind of flawed TBH because you cant compare most open world to SOnic. THey move at a much slower clip so the camera issue is not that serious as their is not that much happening. YOu want Sonic to be able to run around full speed in an open world, with precise controls his kind of game demands. Not gonna happen.

Metrium said:
The trailer was a letdown for me to be honest :( It looks to kiddy. More kiddy than usual Sonic games.

The trailer starts with the 6bad guys coming out of nowhere to attack small animals... Reminds me of Mario games where it always start with Bowser coming out of nowhere to kidnap Peach. I'm afraid this game will be to kiddy with a crappy story such as ''6 bad guys came to do missdeads. We don't know why, they just do, so Sonic needs to save the day!''. I hope I'm wrong tho. Also those 6bad guys growling and doing their evil laughs like they were straight from a cartoon for 8years old did'nt do it for me at all.

That game has to much of a skylander feel to me. And sadly everything from that trailer points me into thinking that that game has been made to attract that Skylander crowd, wich we all know are 8year olds.

Honestly the story has always been a side thing. Generations story was "big evil darkness thing messes with time...um, fix it!" and I had a blast with it because it had greta level design and tight controls.  Sonic has had some...interesting story devleopments and they even half mock it in Generations.

The animals remind me of the gensis entries and the enemies are different, I would be fine with Robotnik / Eggman taking a break here.

Smeags said:

From IGN:

Looks like Sega is going the 2D route with 3DS and hybrid 2/3D with Wii U. Looking forward to both. :3

On the 3DS any word on Sprites or Polygons for character models?  I love me some sprites...but will accept polys.