By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VC is not overpriced, and this is proof.

There's some pretty cheap controller adapters, CDiablo. I understand the desire to simply play the original old game...but if it's SNES controller you want to use, there's adapters that plug into the GC ports for NES, SNES, Genesis, maybe more.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

All my VC have been free so far because of the huge number of stars I accumulated from registering GC, Wii and DS games.
I still have almost 30,000 stars on another account if I want even more VC games, but I don'tt hink I'd ever spend real money on these old games, fun as they are.

llewdebkram said:
All my VC have been free so far because of the huge number of stars I accumulated from registering GC, Wii and DS games.
I still have almost 30,000 stars on another account if I want even more VC games, but I don'tt hink I'd ever spend real money on these old games, fun as they are.

You British people and your damn stars.  I wish we got free crap from Nintendo.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Steve 3.2 said:
Average selling price may not be a good representation of actual prices paid. Huh, you say? Well one or two auctions/sellers could really throw off what a game may truly be worth, especially on eBay where unopened and 'mint' copies sometimes command a premium. So let's say five copies of SMB sold on eBay for $1, $2, $3, $4, and $20. The average price is $6. All but one sold for less than that, however. The median price was $3 which may be a better number for these purposes.

This is why highest and lowest amounts are thrown out in some statistics, since they would skew the numbers.

A good example is that the upper class is not taken into account for national wages, since that would obviously make it look as though middle class people are earning more. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

llewdebkram said:

... does this stuff apply to the whole of Europe? This might be the first time I'm glad to be a Nintendo supporter in Europe.

Around the Network

They should release River City Ransom and Super Dodgeball on NES. That'd fix everything. Those games go for 15+ a piece. I was at a shop that had some classic Nintendo games, but damn, the prices they wanted for em. I miss when Funcoland wasn't gamestop. Also when it had NES and SNES games.

Parokki said:
llewdebkram said:

... does this stuff apply to the whole of Europe? This might be the first time I'm glad to be a Nintendo supporter in Europe.

If you have starpoints that came along NOE released games (S-ryhmä imported their games from NOE, instead of buying them from Amo during GC era) and an account in one of NOE sites (i believe you're familiar to http://www.nintendo.co.uk ), then it's possible. You need to change your Wii location to one of the countries that NOE imports games (UK and Ireland for example) and you get a new option to shop channel(?), which relates to star points. And then you need to register your Wii number to your NOE account. I haven't done it myself, so you should check how it's done from Nintendo Europes site. Although Amo sees this being against EULA.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Errr, there is a huge difference between owning the game on VC and owning a real copy of the game, both mentally and collection wise.

I think VC is great value. If you look at cost per hour of playing, I just did it as a little experiment the other day I have 3 VC Games all have cost approx .20p per hour of play where most of my Wii games are around .80p-£1.00 per hour. Sad to know I have worked this out but it means I will be extending my VC library for sure.

Cheap compared to buying them elsewhere, still too expensive when you can get them for free and nothing can be done to stop it.