By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could The Xbox One Struggle To Beat The GameCube's Sales..?

Will the One outsell the GameCube..?

Yes, easily 58 44.27%

Yes, but it's going to be close 19 14.50%

Depends on software 21 16.03%

No 33 25.19%

Total:131
sales2099 said:
RenCutypoison said:
sales2099 said:
RenCutypoison said:
sales2099 said:
snowdog said:

The more time goes on since the Xbox One reveal the more negative information filters through: Anti-consumerism with regards to used games, anti-privacy with Kinect always being on and now it's been revealed that the One is going to be region locked.

Microsoft seem to be doing everything they can to fuck up this console launch.

I can see both the PS4 and One being over $400, my personal guesstimate - considering the hardware we know that's in each machine and Kinect/camera bar included with every console - would be $499.99.

Given the anti-consumerism, (likely) high retail price and anti-privacy I personally think that even if the One has the best E3 in Microsoft's history with the best software since sliced bread that the console is REALLY going to struggle to sell. I can't see it selling over 30m myself and may even struggle to beat the 21m sales that the GameCube managed.

What do you think..?

BS. Rumors have allready been addressed and debunked.

- Kinect can be turned off in privacy settings

- No fee for used games,

- Can still trade in games normally

Its just the once per day internet check in (which will be addressed I assure you), and the DRM (lending games to a friend without signing in to your own profile), which Sony is rumored to do themselves.

3 cons down, 2 to go (1 if Sony adopts DRM too, thus cancelling it out).

Microsoft guys have been contradicting each others for days. Why do you only keep the rumours that pleases you ?

Why do haters only keep the rumors that please them?

Difference is I believe MS is at its core, trying to please everyone. The sales do depend on willing money spenders after all.

The haters just wanna watch them fail.

Dat logic, they wasted millions in R&D for DRMs and would stop, 6 months from launch because of a bad feedback ? Or all this is a misunderstanding ?

Bad feedback forces changes in businesses all time from different industries, R&D be damned.

So they deceive third party publishers and changes all their plans 6 months from launch ? Still not believable.

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
sales2099 said:

Bad feedback forces changes in businesses all time from different industries, R&D be damned.

So they deceive third party publishers and changes all their plans 6 months from launch ? Still not believable.

DRM is the only point where they can't buckle on, especially if they are forcing MS and even Sony to follow through.

The other cons are strictly MS's problem and they can change those if they see fit.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ridiculous, of course it will outsell the Game Cube, even if only half the current 77 million odd owners brought the Xbox One it would out sell it and then some, when the advertising kicks in and hype train gets going after the games are shown at E3 the general buying pubic will be there picking them up, same goes for the PS4. 

sales2099 said:
RenCutypoison said:
sales2099 said:

DRM is the only point where they can't buckle on, especially if they are forcing MS and even Sony to follow through.

The other cons are strictly MS's problem and they can change those if they see fit.

So you think used games was their ideas ?

They are doing a set top box, they will sell a lot of console to non gamers. The hardware is very pricy (kinect, double 1080p camera).

Non gamers will buy less games on a probably sale at loss console.

If the used games thing is their ideas, it means they needed this financially.

Wich means their budget would be screwed.

The same for the always on kinect. If they had nothing to get from this, they wouldn't do this.

Edit : Without always on kinect, will they be forced to make a power button ?

No! it's is child of Facebook, BigBrother and CoD generation.

It perfectly fits into contemporary milieu in society.

Around the Network
twilight_link said:
No! it's is child of Facebook, BigBrother and CoD generation.

It perfectly fits into contemporary milieu in society.

Laser disc perfectly fit the generation too.

Until it came out

I think it will do phenomenally really, but it still will be beaten by the PS4. The fact of having things outside gaming as a major perk, will call non-gamers to buy the console, and thus it will bring non-gamers to the gamers market, increasing the awarness of other gaming consoles. The industry is expanding and not getting smaller as some people think. That is why I will continue with my prediction.

PS4: 160M
XB1: 100M
WiiU: 60M

Xbox One will blow by the Gamecube easily.

America alone gave them 40+ million.

Yeah it'll pass GC with relative ease.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

it will beat it. Besides it is way to early to call doom on any of the next gen consoles.