By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Could The Xbox One Struggle To Beat The GameCube's Sales..?

Will the One outsell the GameCube..?

Yes, easily 58 44.27%

Yes, but it's going to be close 19 14.50%

Depends on software 21 16.03%

No 33 25.19%

Total:131

I have full confidence that MS can market the unit to success, whether or not it deserves it.

It will be competitive with PS4.

Around the Network

This thread shouldn't exist.....you can sell 5 million units every year for 4 years and sell Gamecube sales lifetime approx.

Xbox One will be out longer then 4 years....and 5 million per year is very easy to do.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I wonder would it be possible to just face your kinect down onto the desk so it isn't watching shit or would it actually need a picture of a room infront of it to know it's not being covered? because you could just do that put a picture of a room over it, Maybe if you used photoshop to cut a person in 2 and have just half of them in the picture you could watch movies on XboxVideo for half price?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

There is no way this doesn't sell more. The XboxOne appeals to the casual market way too much to be passed over. Although the casuals won't adopt until 2 to 3 price drops into the consoles life.

sales2099 said:
This thread shouldn't exist.....you can sell 5 million units every year for 4 years and sell Gamecube sales lifetime approx.

Xbox One will be out longer then 4 years....and 5 million per year is very easy to do.

This thread shouldn't exist..? Over 50% of people, not voting 'Yes, easily', look like they disagree with you.

I just thought it would be interesting to see how many people think that the One is going to flop.

I've noticed that a few people have said that Microsoft are going to capture the 'casual' demographic but I can't see that happening in decent numbers until the One has had a couple of price cuts. The main advantage that the Wii had over the PS3 and 360 was that it was considerably cheaper. The One probably won't have that advantage given that they're bundling Kinect with each console, I can't see the One retailing for less than $400 myself, I'd say it's quite likely to be nearer to $500.

Around the Network

Yes, easily.

Eh, I think its gonna struggle with its sales, but its gonna outsell the gamecube.

snowdog said:
sales2099 said:

This thread shouldn't exist..? Over 50% of people, not voting 'Yes, easily', look like they disagree with you.

I just thought it would be interesting to see how many people think that the One is going to flop.

I've noticed that a few people have said that Microsoft are going to capture the 'casual' demographic but I can't see that happening in decent numbers until the One has had a couple of price cuts. The main advantage that the Wii had over the PS3 and 360 was that it was considerably cheaper. The One probably won't have that advantage given that they're bundling Kinect with each console, I can't see the One retailing for less than $400 myself, I'd say it's quite likely to be nearer to $500.

Yes, I am aware that a lot of Sony fans are here and want Xbox One to fail. Doesn't make it rational, seeing that the two points I brought up will ensure it will outsell gamecube easily.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.