By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - xbox one looks very unimpressive compared to ps4

ninjablade said:

PS4 50% more powerful then xbox one

ps4 has 7 gigs of ultra fast ram for games, while xbox1 has 5 gigs of slow ram, with esram to help it out

design looks unappealing

sony has better firt party support

controllers both look even

very disappointed in microsoft ps4 is a no brainer next gen.

1. 50% more power is not fact. Firstly the cpu in ps4 does 4 ops per clock cycle. The xbox one can do 6. Ddr5 is great for gpu, but the tech savvies are pointing out that the ddr3 ram is better suited to ai tasks etc for generalmpurpoee cpu tasks than ddr5.

2.Obviously the ram for gamesis set in stone. 

3. Design finally looks like it belongs in the front room. Not like a toy.

4.rofl. sonfar sony has yet to show me the ps4 has enough first party support. Microsoft have confirmed through announcements more than sony has for the core gamer.

5. Controllers aee what they are. Just wish sony would move left analog already.

6. Sonfar sony hasnt showed much in the way of first party support in the 1st year launch windoe. And less multimedia. So far sony hasnwork on games and multimedia tonprove they have it next gen. Just games or just media wont cut it.

Around the Network

And multiplats will still look better on xbox.... for 3 gens in a row. Wasn't PS3 supposed to be 3 times more powerful than 360... what happened to those BS claims.

Is this a joke thread? Wait till E3... especially considering we haven't even seen everything the Xbox ONE can do, or seen the PS4 at all for that matter. I remember similar talks about the PS3 after all.

MoHasanie said:
Well graphics aren't everything. I'd rather play a fun game then a game that just looks good.

Yes, because having both isn't possible and has never happened. Right?

How can you compare the controllers without even using them?

The X1's D-Pad might have been redesigned, but it remains to be seen if it works or not. I hope my character in Street Fighter won't be jumping around like crazy trying to fire an hadouken like it happened on the 360.

Around the Network
TripleMMM said:
Tagging this for 5 years later... ;)

uhhhhh he didn't make any crazy predictions so I don't know what that's going to do for you

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Wait a second ps4 has 7 gigs just for games?! and only 1 gb for OS? Dear god!!! O_O

sub-zero-TM said:
Wait a second ps4 has 7 gigs just for games?! and only 1 gb for OS? Dear god!!! O_O

It kinda makes sense given the simplicity of the PS4's OS when compared to the X1, I suppose.

fauzman said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Xbox One design is great, so far the PS4 is a piece of paper with specs on it. There is a heck of a lot more detail given regarding the ps4 then about the XO. And I am talking CPU/GPU here. 
Controller is better than the PS4 one. How can you say this when you havent tried the ps4 one and dont even know all the features it will have. The ps4 controller is totally different from the ps3 whereas the XO one is virtually the same as the 360 one. 
Microsoft has better first party support. How do you figure that? You dont know the exclusives MS have for the XO or what sony are bringing for the ps4. Most people (including myself) consider sony's range of IPs to be far superior. 
Microsoft will have better 3rd party support. Activision AND EA prefering the Xbox One is enough to guarantee this. EA were at the ps4 reveal. There were MORE 3rd party devs at the ps4 reveal as well as indie devs (who seem toprefer the ps4 to XO) as well as more games overall). 
Microsoft will have better integration for cloud computing. How do you know? All you know is how many servers MS have for the XO but Sony havent announced anything and they actually own a cloud based company. 
XBL will be heads and shoulders above PSN. Again. XBL looks to be the same as this gen. Sony seems to be improving PSN a lot so I suspect it will likely be better. 

You seem to have made a lot of silly biased assumptions without a shred of proof. See my responses bolded above. 

If that's true then you can say the same about OP.

@OP. Your reasons are pretty bad. The only reasons one would have right now to consider the One unimpressive compared to the ps4 are its anti-consumer policies, and we have no official word on either two companiese yet. Everything else is or seems to be absolutely comparable unless you have a biased view.

misterchoc90 said:
sub-zero-TM said:

It kinda makes sense given the simplicity of the PS4's OS when compared to the X1, I suppose.

I know i know, but 7 gigs available just for games! WOW!