By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazon UK: Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft’s Xbox One Reveal

wick said:
VGKing said:
This doesn't really make much sense as this is a completely different platform aimed at a completely different audience. Are we sure there were no price promotions?

Yes. As it turns out, the WiiU is aimed at gamers while the XBone is aimed at NFL fans.

/thread

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
VGKing said:
wick said:
VGKing said:
This doesn't really make much sense as this is a completely different platform aimed at a completely different audience. Are we sure there were no price promotions?

Yes. As it turns out, the WiiU is aimed at gamers while the XBone is aimed at NFL fans.

There are many different types of gamers and the ones that would game on a Wii U or XBox are completely different.

only shooters gamers right?

@sorry, could not resist

Click HERE and be happy 

Osc89 said:
Barozi said:

I'd guess so, but ioi can't keep a look out for every single limited retailer discount.
Actually if ioi doesn't read this thread, I could imagine that the numbers will stay flat for next week.

Ha, sorry. I completely forgot that the site is based on estimates. Actually, I'm not entirely sure how it works, does he get information from retailers?

ioi got some sources within the most important countries, (well perhaps not Japan, where it seems like he's just taking the average of Famitsu and Media Create) but surely not within every store chain.

Not sure if he's just good friends with them or if he pays these sources.

EDIT: This should help :P
http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

F0X said:

BAHAHAHA!!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Thaimasker said:
Microsoft does what nintendon't....Sell Wii U's lol

i burst out laughing !! bravo!! bravo!!

Around the Network

This makes me happy. Although it might be an insignificant increase, it shows the reaction of the players.

Barozi said:
Osc89 said:
Barozi said:

I'd guess so, but ioi can't keep a look out for every single limited retailer discount.
Actually if ioi doesn't read this thread, I could imagine that the numbers will stay flat for next week.

Ha, sorry. I completely forgot that the site is based on estimates. Actually, I'm not entirely sure how it works, does he get information from retailers?

ioi got some sources within the most important countries, (well perhaps not Japan, where it seems like he's just taking the average of Famitsu and Media Create) but surely not within every store chain.

Not sure if he's just good friends with them or if he pays these sources.

EDIT: This should help :P
http://www.vgchartz.com/methodology.php

Cheers, thanks for that. Looks like there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes. And it is interesting that he is planning on adding countries.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

However, good for Wii U, although 800% of what?
That is the big question.

EricFabian said:
VGKing said:
wick said:
VGKing said:

There are many different types of gamers and the ones that would game on a Wii U or XBox are completely different.

only shooters gamers right?

@sorry, could not resist

If you like soldiers, sports, or cars, the XBone is for you.

On topic, I don't think these two events are really related.  Whatever the case may be, I'm happy the Wii U is selling better.

Bruxel said:
price cut and the wii U will fly off the shelf.

It would help. But to be honest what sold 3DS wasn't merely the price cut. It was Mario and Mario Kart. If those two games had been released and there had been NO price cut, the systems sales still would have picked up dramatically.