By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazon UK: Wii U Sales Rank Jumps 875% Following Microsoft’s Xbox One Reveal

It is what it is, still selling "mediocre" at the moment.

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
Barozi said:
Osc89 said:
It might have a lot to do with another price drop

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-Wii-32GB-Premium-Pack/product/B008B5YB4W

£289 -> £229

yeah this seems to be one major factor, though not as good as the £199 deal 3 weeks ago. On the other hand I could imagine that Amazon has more online customers than ASDA.

Amazon has probably around 10% marketshare in the UK (purely guessed), so yeah the overall change most likely won't be as high. Maybe doubling the UK sales to ~3.5-4k.
Don't think that it will reach PS3 or 360 levels.

Did that £199 Amazon cut impact sales? I didn't check at the time. I personally picked one up at the HMV £199 sale thinking it wouldn't get that low again for months, but I was completely wrong.

I'd guess so, but ioi can't keep a look out for every single limited retailer discount.
Actually if ioi doesn't read this thread, I could imagine that the numbers will stay flat for next week.

that gif is the best thing I've seen this week.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Bet EA are kicking themselves a little. I seriously hope Wii U does well. Still very hard to know what is going to happen!

This doesn't really make much sense as this is a completely different platform aimed at a completely different audience. Are we sure there were no price promotions?

Around the Network
Proclus said:
It is what it is, still selling "mediocre" at the moment.

And I assume the "One" is going to just fly off the shelves, yes?

VGKing said:
This doesn't really make much sense as this is a completely different platform aimed at a completely different audience. Are we sure there were no price promotions?

Yes. As it turns out, the WiiU is aimed at gamers while the XBone is aimed at NFL fans.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

price cut and the wii U will fly off the shelf.

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Barozi said:
Osc89 said:
Barozi said:
Osc89 said:
It might have a lot to do with another price drop

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nintendo-Wii-32GB-Premium-Pack/product/B008B5YB4W

£289 -> £229

yeah this seems to be one major factor, though not as good as the £199 deal 3 weeks ago. On the other hand I could imagine that Amazon has more online customers than ASDA.

Amazon has probably around 10% marketshare in the UK (purely guessed), so yeah the overall change most likely won't be as high. Maybe doubling the UK sales to ~3.5-4k.
Don't think that it will reach PS3 or 360 levels.

Did that £199 Amazon cut impact sales? I didn't check at the time. I personally picked one up at the HMV £199 sale thinking it wouldn't get that low again for months, but I was completely wrong.

I'd guess so, but ioi can't keep a look out for every single limited retailer discount.
Actually if ioi doesn't read this thread, I could imagine that the numbers will stay flat for next week.

Ha, sorry. I completely forgot that the site is based on estimates. Actually, I'm not entirely sure how it works, does he get information from retailers?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

wick said:
VGKing said:

Yes. As it turns out, the WiiU is aimed at gamers while the XBone is aimed at NFL fans.

There are many different types of gamers and the ones that would game on a Wii U or XBox are completely different.