By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else NOT excited for the next gen consoles?

1337 Gamer said:
UnitSmiley said:
1337 Gamer said:

Thread title is pretty self explanatory. Basically Ive watched both Console reveals and I walk away rather unimpressed. However between the two presentations id have to give the edge to the SONY. I just dont feel that the tech is really pushing the envelope at all. The Graphics, while better dont really seem like a HUGE increase. All in all im completely underwhelmed (esp by microsoft) and i will not be buying any of the consoles. (Atleast until there is a huge Price drop on the Xbox One in which case ill get it just for the Media capabilities or some awesome Must have game comes along).

I guess Im gonna be a PC only gamer the next 5 years or so.

Does anyone feel the same as me? OR am i just a spoiled hard to please PC gamer?

I understand what you mean, the thing is. Look at what console devs did this gen with just 512mb of ram. Now they have 8Gb of the stuff. Graphics will improve, but only slightly. The best thing to come from the memory upgrade though is was the developers will be able to accomplish with what they are given.

We are talking more objects on screen, bigger scale, smarter AI, ect. I think it'll definitely be something that you have to "feel" as oppossed to something you will "see".

I agree. Im not saying graphics wont improve as they definitely will. But i just walked away from both reveals asking myself whats the point of upgrading? My 360 does almost everything i need it to (since i never play games on it anymore) and what it doesnt do my PC or DVR/Satelite box does just fine.

The media features alone just wont be enough to justify a purchase from me and none of the games announced are getting me all that excited. I mean i havnt seen any games that really look all that cool that arent available or similiar to whats already available on PC/Current Gen consoles. It seems like they are just releasing the next yearly update for the same IPs that we receive upgrades to every year.

Yeah a big part of it will be the exclusives offered too. I actually have a pretty damn good gaming PC as well, but find myself gaming more on my PS3 due to the exclusives. Just gotta wait till E3 and see if anything wins you over.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
I knew something like this would happen which is why I'm grateful for investing on a new graphics card instead of a 3DS or the Vita last holiday season.

I'll mostly be focusing on PC gaming especially since I can get majority of third party games for cheaper prices on PC.

I'll also be investing on a 3DS this year and possibly a Vita/Xbox360 next year.

So next gen systems such as Wii-U/PS4/XONE are far from my mind or interest atm.

Completely agreed. Steam and Amazon Digital downloads are my best friends! Cheap games with little DRM!!! Hurray!!!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

as a ten year xbox live user, and fan of the Xbox i feel like MS is actively destroying the brand, murdering the console i loved and replacing it with some cheap whore of a settop box.

I feel driven away from something i love, and has been with me since i was 5, console gaming. all three console makers seem to have missed the point.

perhaps something will change my mind but until then i have the 360, and my collection of classic consoles ... and PC gaming .... maybe now is the time to move to full pc gaming

edit also a feel like hardware this gen is a step back from what i would spend money on. when the 360 first came out it was the best gpu for console or pc for at least 3 months,  and though due to insufficient memory they are hurting more and more the plan next gen is to feed them memory and then knee cap them in the gnu? how does that help, i guess  they want us buying a new game rental  system in 3 years 

so this gene should just be known  as game rental gene or  when home conlse gaming died and became pc terminal gaming 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

BHR-3 said:
no ps4 is a beast 8gb gddr5

no always online

this gen went on for to long jaggies, poor draw distance, low res textures are a eye sore for me now

Your entitled to your opinion but I disagree on the PS4 (or the xbox one) being beasts. My laptop has better specs than either of them and it in no way is what i would call a Beast.

However I agree this gen went on too long. Far too long... But this incoming gen is just too underwhelming IMO.

But im glad your excited for the PS4 and hope it lives up to your expectations.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I can't say I'm not interested in the PS4. I am, but Sony has to do a very good job this E3 in the game department. The biggest problem for me, now that I'm thinking about it, is most of my favourite franchises are ruined. Final Fantasy has a long way to go to win me back. Metal Gear has me interested still. Street Fighter needs another revamp. God of War needs a break. Uncharted is the only console game that has me interested. Bioware games I'm getting for PC so I have no need for them on PS4.

Around the Network
1337 Gamer said:
BHR-3 said:
no ps4 is a beast 8gb gddr5

no always online

this gen went on for to long jaggies, poor draw distance, low res textures are a eye sore for me now

Your entitled to your opinion but I disagree on the PS4 (or the xbox one) being beasts. My laptop has better specs than either of them and it in no way is what i would call a Beast.

However I agree this gen went on too long. Far too long... But this incoming gen is just too underwhelming IMO.

But im glad your excited for the PS4 and hope it lives up to your expectations.

I agree the next gen specs are woefully lacking in horse power (though memory seems covered. i think the ps4 did better there) especially with MS pushing the cloud for assistance with processing so much in their speech. 

I feel the current genii could have gone on another 2 years…. and if they had originally  made the consoles with 2-4 gig of ram another 4 years. ram is really what is hurting these consoles  now 

for now i plan on keeping my 360 as the main new genii console until i see some proof the move is worth it..... i dont know if even halo is worth the bullshit ms is pulling and i have loved them all.... even the unloved odst i thought that was great game 

PC + Wii U for me. =)

You are just spoiled! For us console only gamers, a new gen is welcome. Seriously, it has been the longest cycle of consoles.

darkknightkryta said:
I can't say I'm not interested in the PS4. I am, but Sony has to do a very good job this E3 in the game department. The biggest problem for me, now that I'm thinking about it, is most of my favourite franchises are ruined. Final Fantasy has a long way to go to win me back. Metal Gear has me interested still. Street Fighter needs another revamp. God of War needs a break. Uncharted is the only console game that has me interested. Bioware games I'm getting for PC so I have no need for them on PS4.

i agree on FF and Bioware... maybe square could release follow up to kingdom hearts finally to move us along  and give them something else to do. GT6/7 should be good …with competition from froze both games have been forced to work hard at new versions making each a much better product 

sony also normally has a few new franchises that are must haves every gen i still want to play valkyrie chronicles …. such a back log of games 

i'm excited but my excitement is heavily muted by my fear that all three consoles are going to fail miserably. my fear about the wiiU turned true and right now i have a really bad feeling about both the ps4 and 360.

..not sure where i'll be gaming in the future. i hope the ps4 does well enough but i dunno. as i said in another thread i'm waiting until march 2014 at the earliest to upgrade (and i'm generally a day one kind of guy).